General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Johnnymacish wrote:
Hi guys

A group of 6 of us have booked a 4 day holiday in May (via onthebeach.co.uk)
The holiday balance has been paid up in FULL.
1 person potentially is not going to be able to go but its not going to be known for definite until very close to the departure date.

Asking someone else to go and getting the names changed is not an option (no one else is free to go at that time).

If it comes to day and 7 people turn up at the airport and one does not, will the rest of incur any charges of any sort ? Or should it be ok as the holiday is paid in full ?

Many thanks in advance :que

:welcome to the forums :tup

Do you mean if 5 turn up as one is missing?

There shouldn't be any problems as you'll have paid over the odds for your group. You can also let the airline know at check in that there'll be a no show from one of your party.
I agree with Glynis, It shouldnt be any problem at all as the holiday is paid up so would just be a no show situation. I wouldnt even bother telling OTB as no doubt they will try to make money out of you by charging an amendment fee which you dont need to do.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Johnnymacish wrote:
Hi guys

A group of 6 of us have booked a 4 day holiday in May (via onthebeach.co.uk)
The holiday balance has been paid up in FULL.
1 person potentially is not going to be able to go but its not going to be known for definite until very close to the departure date.

Asking someone else to go and getting the names changed is not an option (no one else is free to go at that time).

If it comes to day and 7 people turn up at the airport and one does not, will the rest of incur any charges of any sort ? Or should it be ok as the holiday is paid in full ?

Many thanks in advance :que

:welcome to the forums :tup

Do you mean if 5 turn up as one is missing?

There shouldn't be any problems as you'll have paid over the odds for your group. You can also let the airline know at check in that there'll be a no show from one of your party.

Hi mate, thankyou for the swift response !! I do apologise, I was having a bit of a fat finger moment there :)
6 of us supposed to be going. Potentially only 5 will turn up on the day :) !!
:tup No problems.

Sit back and look forward to your holiday. Let us know about your holiday on your return :cheers
I agree with Lyn and Glynis far better for someone to be a no show than try and amend the booking, as no doubt onthebeach would try and charge some sort of a dubious amendment fee.

Also it means that the individual that is a probable can still come if their circumstances change for any reason, once you cancel them, that option goes.

My family were a 'no show' for a holiday one year for various difficult reasons and nothing happened to us at all, they don't seem to be able to penalise you for not turning up if you have paid in full.

When I finally contacted them all they said was 'oh we have you all marked down as no shows'

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.