America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
It's a shame you can't just sort out your husbands visa and go in September as the prices in August will be much much higher because of the school holidays and the demand. The main attractions in Orlando will also be busier. You will also have to think of booking sooner rather than later as flights will sell out.

September would be much better in turns of price, cooler weather and generally avoiding the crowds and families with kids. If however August is your only option, the later in the month you leave it the better (e.g. From 25th onwards) as families will want to be back for the start of school term.

Virgin Atlantic won't have prices for next August or September yet as generally scheduled airlines only sell about 330 days out. However, check a fly-drive price on Virgin Holidays as they have access to Virgin flights before their own airline actually starts selling them and sometimes the fly- drive price is cheaper than just the airfare.
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.. I know what you mean.. I really wanted to go in late september to be honest, but that means another trip to the embassy next year & all the expense involved in that.. I reckon with the visa application fee, police certificate, phone calls, photo etc its got to cost around 200 pounds including travelling to london for us!!

I also was looking forward too having the luxury of booking early & not having to wait to hear from the embassy again.. granted though it was alot quicker than previous waits this time round!! :)

I suppose depending on the cost in august & weighing up all that it maybe better, to reaply again & go later on.. I saw flights at a very reasonable price this year but for other months not in the direct summer holidays.. I guess would be better if we could go earleir in june perhaps, but i dont think we can save the money by then to be honest, id planned it for september so moving one month isnt too bad, but moving 3 is another story!! :)
Hi our family have just come back from orlando.\myself and my husband went on the 19th aug and my daughters went the 24th.The reason for this is because i had to be back for work (school) we all flew with first choice/thompson.I paid £740 for my flight they paid £540 yes 5 days difference.When we went it was fairly busy but the amaricans went back to school on the 22nd so it wasnt quite so busy.My daughter said when we came back( 2nd sep) it was very quiet and the roads were dead.The weather was hit & miss we had quite alot of rain and some did last awhile,we also had some very hot days.I hope this helps any more info please ask.
Hello,

Thanks for that.. wow big difference in price then isnt it? My husbands visa expires towards the end of the 3rd week in august, so it would mean perhaps travelling on the 17th as i would feel comfortable travelling on the day it expires..
Im now thinking of perhaps aiming to travel about the 3rd week in june so we go before our school holidays start over here.. maybe less busy? As soon as my husband can book his time of work for next year, we shall have some dates sorted.. have you ever been in june? :)
Hi sorry no we haven't been in june so can't say I think the americans are off then so probably be busy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.