Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
It's great to get feedback to say that OTB have got it right - there a quite a few on other threads that can't unfortunately say the same thing.
Thanks for gioving them positive feedback, which sounds like they deserved it.

Kath x
Sorry to play devils advocate, but you are still saying that up till the weekend before travel you didnt have tickets. :que I fail to see how that is good service.

Yes they responded to your chase up email, but IMHO good service would mean you would have had the tickets in a timely manner in the first instance, that's what we all pay for.
From the dates on the documents sent to us - it appeared that the delay was Thomson not actually OTB.
I don't care when the tickets arrive as long as I get to where I'm going.
A tad picky - or unwilling to let OTB enjoy a modicom of praise? :think
Anyway, not important. a good time was had by all. lol
I think you will always get more negative reviews than positive. When things go wrong we are very quick to complain - the majority of the time things do go according to plan but we don't always give credit where credit is due. British nature I'm afraid!

Pippa
The late arrival of tickets may also be down to ongoing postal problems.
It IS good to hear positives.
Pippa is right in that more people will post to complain rather than to praise. Its good also to get an established HT member posting praise. Its remarkable just how many complaints are made by completely new members who appear just to join to post in complaints and then disappear. :que I have started to work on our hotel reviews in the last year and we do have many reviews that are positive for OTB. I would say that there are no more complaints in reviews for this company than for any other.
Hmm, I agree that people are more likely to come on here when things go wrong rather than when things go right. Although it does seem that On The Beach in particular do have rather a bad reputation:
My daughter and family booked a holiday to Turkey with OTB ln June. When I found out I checked it out here, and when I read all the negative posts I was appalled. Consequently we all spent a very worrying few months, and instead of looking forward to the holiday, we spent the time waiting for the mishaps. In the event, the Etickets arrive on the expected day, the transfer was waiting, the hotel was first class as was the Rep service, a completley seamless experience, so it would appear that it's not all doom and gloom with this company Alan
Thats really good news Gramps, it's a shame more people don't post the positives though - as you say you had read the negative things about OTB - but possibly could not find any positives, may be if more people did there would be a fair balance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.