Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
They aren't opening very well for me on my IPad :(
Perhaps you should change your blog.

I believe that in Goa only 30% of the 1.5 million population are Catholic.
The biggest religious group are Hindus.
Fascinating blog, it is when I read your blog and look at the pictures that is when I think I should really make the effort to go, then I remember all the negative posts, Visa hassle, the pollution etc and then I think no chance.

Anyway I am enjoying the blog and looking forward to see what happens to the bikini knickers in week 4 :rofl
two weeks into our trip and my cheapo bikini knickers have started to go a bit saggy!
Nothing worse than when your bikini (or in my case tankini) bottoms start to loose their cling ;)
Nothing worse than when your bikini (or in my case tankini) bottoms start to loose their cling

:yikes ohhh just got a mental image of you there Glynis, I am off to lie down :D
Manage to read both blogs by stretching the page.

Very interesting with some lovely photo's. loved your £4 skirt :tup
Ooops, too right Max. I'm going by the 1851 census, vintage by name, vintage by nature!

Don't worry, those knickers managed to hold up for the entire month. Despite pao bhaji/masala dosa breakfasts, copious bottles of Kingfisher and a vegetarian feast every night for a month we always seem to lose weight when we're away. Better than any spa!
Great blog Hun. Love reading trip reports. I really enjoy getting on the bike and exploring, there are so many fantastic places away from the CCB areas. I'm looking forward to exploring around Cavelossim soon.
Dying to hear about your adventures in Cavelossim, MazD. We've been through on the bus but have yet to get off and explore. I love South Goa so much.

Here's the third instalment of our trip, the market at Margao:

http://vintagevixon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/travels-in-goa-part-3-down-market.html
  • Edited by goanmad 2014-02-04 12:09:09
Goanmad, the link doesn't work :que
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Nothing worse than when your bikini (or in my case tankini) bottoms start to loose their cling

:yikes ohhh just got a mental image of you there Glynis, I am off to lie down :D

Just seen this! Yep not a pretty sight :really

:rofl
Having terrible trouble with our t'internet at the mo....hopefully this should work!

http://vintagevixon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/travels-in-goa-part-3-down-market.html
nice pictures, nice emotions! Thanks.
Argo
And now I know why there are so many run down homes! Thanks Vix, I shall carry on reading.
Having a bit of trouble seeing the pictures after about the first six or so. Is it my PC or a problem with the blog?
Nice Blog...

yes a lot of people forget that Goa is not just Salcette and Bardez and that the interior is also heavily Hindu.

Also a lot of the houses are left locked and falling down as many of the owners do have children but a lot of the live overseas and frankly find it difficult to maintain a family house as well as one in Goa

A problem we are going to have as London House prices aren't exactly low and keeping somewhere like this locked up and maintained is hideously expensive:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/57971198@N04/14739154447/
Lovely photos. Which stretch of beach is this? Massive house. Is it as grand inside as it is outside?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.