Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Welcome Sarah ,
I understand your frustration and anger ! I see you have also relayed your experience on the " dark side" :D and have read the replies , certainly like that some think TR have displayed good service , but would never use them !! I'm sympathetic to your situation and all I can say is that at some time we all experience a situation where wrong info or poor advice or poor service happen and it's not always our fault and its not resolved fairly in our favour , but in the past I've placed trust in agents or " made mistakes " and now I research everything and hopefully understand how these types of OTAs operate , and would I ever use them ? NO , I'd rather let my nearly 3 year old nephew loose on my iPad to book a holiday for me than use someone like TR or other OTA .
Hi Sarah

It's clear when booking with on line travel agents like Travel Republic that your initial enquiry then leads them to contact their suppliers, so I'm not sure why you though you had a firm booking initially.

All OTA's operate in the same way and Travel Republic appear to have many satisfied and repeat customers.

The customers who complain do so because they do not understand what they are booking in the first place, and do not read the T&C's attached to the booking which is not TR's fault.

In this instance they appear to have worked with their suppliers to get you as best possible outcome as they can, bearing in mind the room you initially chose was not suitable to accommodate your party, I appreciate it must be disappointing but I'm not sure what else you expect them to do. I assume their suppliers gave incorrect details of room occupancy.

I don't think you can expect an hotel to allow you to knowingly breach their occupancy rules. Presumably Spain/The Canaries has Health and Saftey Regulations just like anywhere else and if they were found to be complicit for all we know could be fined for letting five people stay in a four person room.

I can't see any advantage in booking a Ryanair flight through an OTA, if I was using TR, I would have booked the flight direct with Ryanair to ensure best price and accommodation only through TR or direct with the hotel if they took direct bookings.

I hope it works out for you and you have a lovely holiday, but I don't see this as any reason for others to avoid Travel Republic if they fully understand what they are booking.
I like to think I'm not unreasonable at all, but 43 days after receiving our confirmation of all booking etc to then change things isn't acceptable at all, plus our options are either take the downgrade but still pay the same, go to a 3 star they've offered us on the other side of the island which is rated 13 out of 14 in trip advisor, loose the money on the flights or take action against them. I also realise mistakes happen, it's life, but it's how people / businesses deal with those mistakes that tells you about the company. Being in business myself, I've made mistakes, but have gone out of my way to correct the situation and put the relationship back on track which has actually resulted in stronger client relationships. As a family that holidays at least twice a year, their lack of help on this now means they will never get any business from us or anyone we know, a little "service" and extra help, could of turned us into life long loyal customers, but they dont either see that, or care.

>>> I don't think you can expect an hotel to allow you to knowingly breach their occupancy rules. Presumably Spain/The Canaries has Health and Saftey Regulations just like anywhere else and if they were found to be complicit for all we know could be fined for letting five people stay in a four person room.

Of course note, we only went on the info on travel republics website, on a call their customer service team they even said their data said it was fine so they will contact the hotel etc. It was only later when we were given the hotels own website we saw there were limits, as far as I know the hotel aren't involved here and haven't done anything wrong.

>>> I hope it works out for you and you have a lovely holiday, but I don't see this as any reason for others to avoid Travel Republic if they fully understand what they are booking.

Thanks :) I hope so too but isn't looking likely at present. I agree people shouldn't avoid them IF they know what they are booking, and I think that's the issue - the small print covers them but they look like you are buying a holiday with everything together. If there were clear that you are saying you would like to pay X and that the price isn't guaranteed, and that nearly 1.5 months later they can change the accommodation on you and if they do you cant have a refund on any other parts of your holiday, I'm sure people would think twice on using them.

>>> but in the past I've placed trust in agents or " made mistakes " and now I research everything and hopefully understand how these types of OTAs operate , and would I ever use them ? NO , I'd rather let my nearly 3 year old nephew loose on my iPad to book a holiday for me than use someone like TR or other OTA .

lol @ 3yo :) yeah you live and learn and next time (not with TR of course) we will research the actual provider as much as we do the holiday itself :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.