Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
The cost should be minimal if nothing at all if you can do it thru' a hospital over there.

If your F-I-L has a valid NHIC and can get a prescription for oxygen from his GP, it's just a case of ringing the Translators Office at Son Dureta Hospital in Palma (0034 971 175000) but you MUST do this BEFORE you travel. I *think* they can then arrange for it to be delivered to you.

You might get Jill of Sun, Sea & A&E fame. Happy hols!

Tis
Just phoned hospital up and they say we need to sort it out at home before we go from a supplier in england. :que
Hmmmmmmmm!

Contact the British Surgery in Majorca -0034 971 13 50 22

They might be able to offer some advice on what's best to do.
I dont supose u know the email address or the fax number for ere please. :sun2
We took my dad on a cruise last year sailing from S'hampton and flying back from Rome. Dad bought a portable concentrator but also took portable oxygen cylinders.These were hired from Omega oxygen supplies in S'hampton. The tel number is 01273308176 and we spoke to Bill Quantrill. BA would only allow 5 cylinders which is daft as they are packed as a case of 6!! I think they thought we were bringing 5 cases.He delivered to the ship and said he would try to be at Heathrow to meet our plane, but if not to return home with the case. We did this and they were picked up by courier approx a week later. I think it cost around £220 for the hire for 12 days. At that time we couldn't find any one to hire a concentrator from and anyway you need a backup for when it is re charging, unless you mean the big permanent ones like you get at home. If you need more info just ask or pm me.

PS Just read on a different site that Omega have quoted someone £250 for hiring a portable concentrator for 12 days. Bill must have bought one since last year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.