Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Usually no problem with taking alcohol on board P&O ships :tup . I think if you do get drunk and cause trouble then this is reported and you are flagged when boarding in other ports. The price of drink is not to bad on board anyway English pub prices>(not like NCL and other continental lines£5 a small bottle) :duh
Not planning to get drunk - just would like to take some celebration Champagne on with us. I agree the drink prices are very reasonable and no service charge to factor in.

Thanks for the reply

Comedienne
Just back off Ventura, July. Except for embarking at Southampton they took all drink off anyone who had bought it ashore and kept it until the day before they disembarked on return to Southampton.
May be I should check direct with P&O, maybe it varies from ship to ship. Their statement in the brochure is a bit vague but you could interpret it that they do not confiscate routinely. Still unsure but maybe its only ok at southampton as you say Peter

Thank you
Forgot to add, we took Mum & Dad with us and they took on 2 bottles of Whisky at Southampton, no problems.
If your joining a P&O ship from a fly cruise operated by Thomas Cook or Thomson Airways you won't be able to buy any duty free spirits or Champagne on board the flight- a condition imposed on them by P&O.
Cruised on Oceana just before Christmas. You can buy litre bottles of spirit to drink in your cabin. £11 for gin and vodka. They also sell small cans of mixers at 12 for the price of 9. We did buy bottles of mixer at each port but only because they didn't stock diet coke, only full 'strength' and my hubby is diabetic. He could get diet coke from the bar in a glass but no cans.
Has anyone packed a bottle of spirts in their suitcase when boarding on a Princess cruise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.