Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Palmitos Park
20 Posts
IF it does and they have Dolphins then report them to http://www.marineconnection.org/index.html These guys support the welfare of such beautiful animals and try to prevent tem being kept inappropiately in captivity they will monitor the place and make sure they are looked after properly

I personally do not support the keeping of Dolphins in captivity for the "pleasure" of humans
Not heard anything about it so far, will have a listen to the jungle drums and see what is happening. Really cant see the dolphin thing happening, considering the proximity to dolphins in the wild, but you never know.
NeilTheBeaver wrote:
Not heard anything about it so far, will have a listen to the jungle drums and see what is happening. Really cant see the dolphin thing happening, considering the proximity to dolphins in the wild, but you never know.

Ta Mr Beaver
BTW ta for the ticket help all sorted for daughter to visit
I was speaking to somebody who worked at Palmitos before the fires and he has recently resigned his new contract and the date the park is set to be re opened is 1st of August. I've still not heard 100% about the dolphins I know that was being talked about as I was speaking to the director of the park not long ago but as of yet nothing seems to have been confirmed.
Fantastic news if they can open for at least part of the summer. Worried about the dolphin thing, sounds like a TERRIBLE idea
Thanks cj and Neilthebeaver

nice to know that it might be open for when we go ,kids are hoping it will be ,otherwise it will be another day at the waterpark to keep them happy
Has anyone heard if the opening date of the 1st August still on schedule?
The reps have started selling excursions for the 1st so It looks like it will re open then.
This is Excellent news , We can't wait to go now, only 6 weeks on monday and we will definately be going to Palmitos park

Thanks Neil you have really made our day!! :)
I have heard a rumour today that openning has been delayed, but when it does open then the dolphins will be there at some point.
Has anyone been to palmitos since it re-opened?
What's it like now?
Went to Palmitos park last week and really enjoyed it plenty to keep kids amused for a while, there is some lovely animals etc, I would recommend to anyone that if you do go to take your own picnic as we found it very expensive for drinks and a bite to eat
my daughter (17) and I were at Palmitos Park on Sunday and we spent a good 4 hourser looking around and watching the birds of prey and parrot shows. They are building new things all the time and there were pics of the new auditorium and pool where dolphins will be featured. \dont know of the timescale involved though.
We really enjoyed it and would say it was one of our best trips out, the bus was only 2 euro each, each way so good value. The park entrance was 22 euros each for adults which I thought good value too as compared to some of the things we did it was great!!
The Dolphinarium in Palmitos park,when we were there last year they were in the middle of building it and heard it was opening this summer does anyone have an update on this please?
I go to Palmitos Park at least 2 times a week (I'm an excursion guide) and they seem to slowly be getting on with it. I have a good working relationship with the management team there at Palmitos and they have said end of August/ first week in September (In Canarian time I'd so more likely end of October!).
cj

Thanks for letting me know we really liked it at Palmitos park last year and cant wait to return to see the dolphins ,we not going until next year so hopefully it will be well up and running,and lucky you being able to visit twice a week :)
Hi

Does anyone know if the dolphins have arrived yet?

Thanks

Helena
Still not here and everytime I go there they seem to change the answer. They seem to think that it will be before December that they will be here and the shows starting. The price is due to be 28€ for an adult for entrance into the park once the dolphins are here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.