Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Re the beaches. No problem to keep your clothes on!! :D They are not the "recognised" naturist beaches of the island, just that some people there prefer to not wear anything. Last time I went, the naturists were in the minority :D

Can't help about the pool I'm afraid!
Regarding naturists on Papagoya beaches.Two years ago we were in Lanzarote and visited these beaches. The two most remote beaches at the end of the track seem to attract naturists. About half the people there were naked - no problem, no embarrasment. I was going to change into swimming trunks without having to do the usual cover-up with a towel but decided why bother so I went naked. It was an interesting experience and it was much more pleasant swimming without trunks. My wife, after some hesitation felt the same. We will be going in Sept and will have no hesitation in stripping off.

So, if you can't beat them, join them.

However, when we were there we noticed some developments, car park, what looked likely to be a caravan/camper site with hook-ups and a building to the side. I understand there is now a bar and restaurant - which conjures up an interesting thought :oops:

Can anybody confirm this.
If you look at this google map here and see the V shape. Generally on the left side its clothes on and on the right is clothes off. Well thats what I noticed. There is the odd exception.

They are fantastic beaches but driving to them is very off road.
Hi thanks a lot for the replies. Very promising. Just 21 days more to go. Am looking forward to the trip more with every reply 8)
You have various beaches at papagayo. Be aware entrance is not free.

Once you entered, you will have to drive little to arrive to the beach. First beach - beach 1 - is nice, but the best one is at the end of the road : beach 2 - this is the most photographied beach.

Between this two beaches, you have small beaches at low tide, its the main nudist area. So dont worry, normally 75% easily of people are with swimsuit s at beach 1 & 2 ;)
Have a good day.

Michael
and the beaches aren't very crowded.

Here's what they looked like last week.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/439712963_3c437d2232_m.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/439715166_d40439e1a4_m.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.