Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
My dad stayed in a studio last new year.
he said the studios were lovely. quite spacious and more than adequate.

all in all a lovely complex and an excellent location
Are the studios all in the reception block?
We have just come back from PS4 next door to 3 we had a studio i would have thought they were all the same, and it was wonderful, a lovely size, not cramped at all and everything you need. If its not there you only had to ask. I dont think there is much better than the Parque Santiago complexs for the money you pay.
PS3
Stayed here loads of times and never have a bad word to say about it......except this last time. For some unknown reason, the pool attendants have decided (upon instructions from the manager) to ban all inflatables (except for small rubber rings and arm bands).

It is not as though the pool is small, it is massive, a bit like 3 lagoon size pools all rolled into one and even with loads of people in the pool there is still loads & loads of room.

You can imagine the, loads of kids in the pool playing happily with lilo's, balls, rubber rings when the pool attendants on mass tell everyone that they must get out of the pool and take all the inflatables back as the pool is meant only for swimming.

10 minutes after, the pool (from having about 30 kids playing happily) went to just 2 kids playing, it was just crazy. No matter how much you tried to reason with them, they would not listen. If anybody went anywhere near the pool with an inflatable, they were pounced upon and read the riot act and shown the pool rules at the side of the pool which states 'no inflatables'.

This spoilt my childrens holiday and there were loads of similar minded kids who were bored as they were just sat at the side of the pool. They were not even allowed to play bat & ball in the pool.

I have going to these apartments for the last 5 years but not any more unless they relax this stupid rule. These apartments are great but if you have young kids, I would say try somewhere else.
Hi simdav .... whilst I can appreciate your disappointment, my understanding is that this increasingly common policy of banning inflatables from pools is primarily (but not solely) a safety issue. There have been cases reported in Spain of kids drowning in supervised pools, because parents and lifeguards were unable to see them beneath all the inflatables which covered the surface of the pools, or the particular section of the pool which they were in. It was claimed that had it not been for the inflatables, lifeguards would have been able to see them as soon as they got into difficulty, and reached them before it was too late.

Perhaps if holiday complexes could clearly explain the reasons for such rules, detailing safety concerns if appropriate, children and parents may be more understanding.

David :wave
Hi

Every resort we have ever stayed in has had the ' no inflatable' rule for the pool, However if there are only a couple at a time then they seem to be more relaxed, it is only when the pools get full of them that they start inflicting the rule. Perhaps as David says it is a safety issue, in which case it is quite understandable that the lifeguards view of some children could well be obscured by having so many in the pool at the same time.

Regards Jackie
Fair point but there are no lifeguards watching the kids, the pool attendants are milling around, it is upto the parents to ensure the safety of their children.

Again, I feel boats and lilos en masse could be a problem but not allowing bat & ball, small balls etc in the pool is so much over the top.
Simdav

I understand what you are saying re the bat and ball - can't say we have ever seen things taken that far. Thing is you only need one person to complain that the 'rule' is not being impossed and then that's it, everyone suffers. Don't forget you also get these wonderful people who book a holiday and would rather there be no kids there at all; I think they just forget we were all young once.

Regards Jackie
they were very strict in the pool with balls, and inflatables, the pool attendant has a whistle which he blew when necessary. But saying that its the same when we go to Portugal so it may well be a european law that they are all abiding to. I think we may all find this rule enforced now wherever you stay.
Lets hope not as there are going to be alot of unhappy and bored kids!
Ive been going in this complex for some time now , going again on the 24th of this month , ive even taken a ball in the pool and have seen children with inflatables ,

But the rules are up on the wall as soon as you enter the complex swimming area ,

I havent seen many unhappy children or anyone asked to remove such toys , but i also think it depends on how busy the complex is aswell .

Anyone it wont stop me going and i will keep going a nd going , enjoy your holiday if anyones booked here .

P.s. i get on well with the reception staff so i will ask why they enforce this rule

Kirk 8)
Louisejc

We have been to these apartments 5 times and they are brillant we have stayed in a studio twice, they are fine, plenty of room for 2, we have had one over looking the gardens and one over looking the road, but neither were in the receiption block. The other 3 times we have stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment only because we found a company that did not charge a supplement for 2 people in a 1 bedroom. Have a great time.
Sorry folks, but I have to come in here. :roll:
It's not about being a killjoy....... the Spanish were children and also have children.
The legal and safety aspect was the main reason for certain autonomous communities enforcing this law.
You are asking a lifeguard to watch out for your kids, but when the pool is full of inflatables, then it's like you are asking him/her to watch your kids whilst wearing a blindfold.

The Spanish are trying to help you, believe it or not. :roll:
Let one small ball in the pool and then someone brings a bigger one in, then another and before you know it, you have a boisterous adult game of water polo taking place.

Your kids get smacked in the face with either a rubber/tennis ball or a mans elbow and you're going to be well and truly :swear off....plus the fact that your kids might end up with a split lip or a fractured cheek bone.

Rules are there for a reason.
Glass around the pool is an obvious reason to ban it, but food also is not a good idea because it attracts ants, cats and rats"¦rats pee can cause Weil's disease, which can cause blindness, and it doesn't need the pool to look like a sewer for the bacteria to be present...thankfully cases are rare, but the risk is still there.

Loose clothing like baggy T-shirts can get caught in the filters, which work by suction.
People using the pool with an excessive amount of sun cream on them, creates a slick/scum and stops the chlorine from working, resulting in the pool turning green and having to be drained and the correct dilution regained .wasting precious water and being expensive.

Then, we have the legal aspect of it, and if you are an owner of a community based pool, then read HERE

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Very good points. Totally agree.You cant please everbody though no matter how hard you try.
I have looked at a few websites to try to find a nice apartment to rent in parque santiago 3
holiday rentals.com and
ownersdirect.com
Does anybody know of any more good websites which may have these apartments on.
Thankyou
you could try holidaylets.com or holidaylettings.com or tenerifelets.com, but my advise is don't look at loads as most of the same ones are on all of them, we have just booked a fab apartment at parque santiago 11 through holidaylettings.com.
Thanks I will look at them sites
Try

http://www.directconnection.co.uk/tenerife/

They always heave offers on Santiago apartments
First of all, hello to the forum from a newbie!!!

We're due to arrive 6th July and we've just been notified that the childrens play area is being renovated and that there may be some noise around the pool area. My 16 year old is gutted :wink:

Anyone able to give further details?

cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.