Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Has no one ever been to this hotel? or know if it has been done up?
I've looked around the Internet and can't find much information at all apart from what is shown on Thomas Cook website & a Polish site (which is also part of TC).

Sorry :(
Thank you for looking. That is all I can find at the moment... Well, we are due to go on 30th July so will take a look then.

Want to know what there is to do around Penera and Protaras and what the beeches are like, from people who have been. Will take a look on here again.

thanks
In Pernera (Where the Paschalia is) for a start you have several really good bars,restaurants.....

Recently "Thomas Shack" always busy local owner moved from one of the smaller sleepier villages to get bigger premises, now he's packed out and its best to book ahead - great local Cypriot food in a relaxed quirky enviroment (you get your own drinks for a start !)

Nautilus Trattoria Italiania does great Italian food and excellent service.

Blue Spice - a mix of local and international meals with it own pool, loungers and periodic events (bands/musicians/artists etc)

Mojitos - they do three different menus (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with a great deal of choice (Indian, Mexican, English, Cypriot etc).. my particular fav is the "posh breakfast" with salmon, eggs and a glass of champagne (and no I'm not, I'm more a mug of coffee and a bacon butty bloke)

You also have some "fast food" type places, gyro, pizza....

Then you get great entertainment by top tribute artists at the Ranch Bar (something on every night and only the best acts, no second rate karoke style here).

The beaches in the area are smaller in size and several of them. A far cry from the Western end of the Island. You have all the watersports available (jetski, boats, boat trips, scuba etc etc)

Trips galore but highly recommend the Big Red Bus Tour around the red soil villages to learn about local life, history and culture. A Jeep safari to the Troodos mountains is well worth doing if you haven't already explored them.

You can hire cycles, motorbikes, buggies and cars in Pernera

Best thing I can suggest is go with open eyes and take what grabs your attention...

Lastly... we stayed at the Paschalia back in 2004 and it was fine, decent enough place but a few years back it closed down for a season or so, rumours about it being turned into residential flats appeared, then it went quiet again and then it seemed to be open... never noticed a refit going on, but they would have done it out of season when we weren't there..

hope this help

Steve
Thank you so much. That will be very useful. We have only ever stayed in the West.

Thanks Again

:D
I agree with everything Steve has said, been to the same part 10 times so know a bit myself, red bus tour a must, go every time we are there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.