Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Passport panic
10 Posts
I think you have to have at least 3 months left on a passport may even be 6 months
just checked the passport web site it says:

Some countries will not let you enter if your passport has less than six months left to run. The rules vary by country. For example, South African immigration officials turn back people with fewer than two blank pages left in their passport.

If your passport is in its last year or is nearly full, you should check the rules of the country you plan to visit before booking any travel. You can ask your travel agent or contact the UK embassy or consulate of the country concerned

just checked the passport web site it says:
EU rules state that the passport need only be valid for the length of stay, but some airlines and travel company have their own rules, check with them.
EU rules state that the passport need only be valid for the length of stay, but some airlines and travel company have their own rules, check with them.

The answer lies in the Terms & Conditions of the TO/Carrier. You could be refused boarding.

fwh
I have tried to check the Cyprus Embassy site for any requirements, but can only find information on visas HERE which looks like the US site. THIS seems to be the UK site, but it's plastered in adverts and not very user friendly IMO. However you can get the phone number of the Cyprus Embassy there if you want to call them.

However as Judith says, you will need to check the requirements of your airline or tour operator.

luci :wave
Thanks for the effort people. This break looks doomed as it will be a last minute thing so won't know the carrier until later on
Passport advice line number is 0870 521 0410

If you need your passport within two weeks you should call our 24-hour Passport Adviceline 0870 521 0410 (see terms and conditions) to make an appointment at one of our offices. We can offer a Fast Track one week service or a Premium same-day service. More about urgent applications.

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-renewing-when.asp
I have travelled here when my passport was almost out of date with no problem. As long as it is valid at the time of travel it should be OK. It is barely looked at by officers on arrival in Cyprus.
As I said before it all depends on what conditions the Airline/TO impose at the time of check in.

If their T&Cs require Three months then they are within their right to refuse boarding.

Just be aware when you check in.

Yes many will tell you they have had no problem in the past - but that is no consolation if when you check in they apply the rule.

I once paid for a last minute holiday on an out of date credit card - then went into a store and where they refused to accept it.

fwh
Before ringing an 0870 number, check the saynoto0870 website for a non-premium-rate phone number.

Here's the relevant page for 0870 521 0410

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.