Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Welcome Wayne .... you describe the accommodation as a 'hotel', which would make it unusual that no other board basis is available. Is it definitely a hotel and not just an apartment complex ? As you are being provided with the board basis which you booked, there may be no scope for the resort rep to arrange any alternative accommodation. This is something which you might be better trying to resolve with your agent or tour operator in advance, if you haven't already done so.

David :wave
Forgive me,

It is an apartment not a hotel and 'yes' I am receiving exactly what was described.

The reason for wanting a change is that im concerned about how much money I'm gonna spend SC. We've always goon at least HB so at least I know major meals are sorted.

I've no idea what I should be budgeting for all of us for 10 days and dont want to spend my whole holiday worrying that I may run out of funds.

I'd rather pay €500 for an upgrade and be able to enjoy our time in PDC
In that case Wayne, I think you really should speak to your agent or tour operator now and explain your concerns. Even if the resort rep was in a position to try and help, there is obviously no guarantee that suitable alternative accommodation will still be available at short notice. Trying to resolve the matter now, you may at least be able to check out any options that might be offered, and make sure that they are suitable for you and the kids.

If no suitable alternatives can be offered then perhaps if you give the name and location of your apartment complex here, those who know the resort may be able to advise on budgets and suggest local eating places, supermarkets, etc where you might get the best value for money.

Good luck, please keep us informed !

David :wave
I have been to Lanzarote 4 times in 2 years (2 adults one child)...if your buying breakfast,lunch and dinner,£100 at least a day would just about cover it..Tis not cheap thats for sure..Just back from Playa Blanca and although AI we ate out 2 nights and average cost was 50e...
If you're buying breakfast lunch and dinner every day it will cost a bit but who actually does that? When we go SC we always have a mix of eating in and eating out. Mostly eating in for breakfast and if we're staying in the complex during the day we'll have lunch in the apartment/villa too. You can eat very cheaply if you're careful, soup and local rolls is a favourite lunch of ours and is very cheap. Eating out at night will cost most but there are bargains to be had if you shop around, there are many fixed menu deals and pub food is generally cheaper. We usually have takeaway at least twice in a fortnight too. We try to have a couple of cheap nights then that allows us to splash out for a night.

It all depends on your budget.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.