Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi have not stayed at the apts your going to but Pefkos is a good resort the restaraunts we ate in where georges, tsambikos, artemis gardens, coralli(this one is out of Pefkos on the road to Lardos) these are all good places to eat we also ate at the blue bay the first year we ate there it was good but it had gone down hill the last time we went there
Hi ive just come back from Pefki Islands today and we have had a great time. Georges restaurant was fantastic as so was enigma.

There is a hairdryer in each room and a self contained kitchen. Balconies have airers on them each room has a telephone and air conditioning at about 60 euros a week. Our shower was a proper cubicle and power shower!!

Car hire is 50 euros for 3 days we had ours from Marathon and had a brand new Dawoo. On arrival at the airport we had a taxi to the resort and it cost about 35 euros.

Pefki Islands are spotlessly clean never ate there or used the pool as we met friends at another complex so we used a free pool in Pefkos its on the left on the main road down to the beach. The owners are lovely italians and there are free sunbeds and parasols. We left our lilos there everyday instead of carting them back to our room. Their restaurant has fantastic food and the service is very quick!!

Falaraki water park is brilliant and you can book the trip oposite the swimming pool ive just mentioned it cost 36 euros each ish. The bus leaves at 9 and it take about 40 minutes drive and then you leave at 3.40pm to come home. Make sure you take flipflops and suncream. Food is cheap at the park.

Lindos is a lovely town to visit lots of small cobbled streets and donkey rides to the acropolis.

Elamesa cocktail bar is fun the lads in there are great fun.

If you smoke buy Leader cigarettes they are 1 euro a packet!!

There is a lovely ginger kitten on the site my daughter nicknamed it gingy please give it a kiss from her if you see it - thanks
have stayed there but not this year. Spotless and roomy. loads of restaurants in Pefkos- didn't have a bad meal there. Lardos also has some good places to eat and a laid back atmosphere. Only iffy meal we had was in Lindos
Ah, that's a shame lallygirl - where in Lindos? Maybe years ago, but over recent years i've never had a bad meal in Lindos.
I can't remember the name and I think we were just a bit unlucky. It wasn't awful just not as good as the food we had eaten in Pefkos and Lardos.it was also a breezy night and all the canopies were down so no view or atmosphere.I also have eaten in Lindos previously (quite some time back!) and loved it
I'm not too good on names either - there's a restaurant i always visit in Pefkos but when asked the name all i can say is it's on a hill with a car park in front! I know what you mean though, the rooftop restaurants don't have the same appeal on a windy night.
is the one you are thinking of Tsambikas - hope so as it shows I have some memory intact. It is very nice with a scrummy bakery underneath!
Thanks for all the information, and have found it helpful.

Will look out for the Swimming Pool you mentioned but could I spend my 2 weeks finding it? any other clues????

Taken note of the car hire company, as we intend to spend a few days travelling around, did anyone find a larger supermarket to shop? Dont think they have Asda there.

Looking forward to more postings.

Kaz.
I have 2 studios booked for August so we may be there at the same time , I can't wait
Hi,

Looks like we have booked all the studios, we will be there from the 24th August may see you there. Have fun.

Kaz.
You will be arriving the day we leave , I'll give you a wave at the airport :D
Hi,

Can you leave your room tidy, and the air conditoning on full. Hope you have a good holiday, I will be waving!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaz.
Swimming pool is easy to find when you see Enigma turn left on the road down to the beach and the pool is on the left just past a car hire company.

There is an Asda but its quite a long way away. Did see Morrisons, Lidl, Safeway and Asda but like I say they are quite a long away.

Did see signs for another free pool in Pefkos but never visited it we liked the one the italians owned as once youve been a couple of times we had a tab for our drinks and they brought them out to us as soon as we arrived!!

If you have any other questions just ask as we've only been back a week and everything is fresh in our minds!!
Is there a mini golf in Pefkos , the kids usually challenge us to a hard fought contest.
Yes, you're right lallygirl Tsambikas! Can highly recommed it to anyone visiting Pefkos this summer :D .
Can`t remeber a mini golf in Pefkos,
those supermarkets mentioned last time we where in Pefkos where in Falakrappie,
And would agree with both marcuschap72 and lallygirl try Tsambikas its the one up the hill from T junction in middle of Pefkos opposite Georges(also worth a visit), Last time we went as we had been a few times we got free wine
My fiancée and I spent two weeks at the Pefki islands resort for our first holiday to Greece, we loved it. The beach is a few minutes' walk away where you can get a sun bed for around €8 for the day, if you get there early enough. The boat hire at the end of pefki beach is a must if you like that sort of thing, it was €50 for two hours and you can go all the way round to Lardos and back in that time.
The main street is full of good restaurants like nostalgia and plenty of car and bike rental places. A convertible car for three days is around €160 and well worth it. To drive to Rhodes town is about 40 min to 1 hour away or go south and find some beaches.
Pefkos is perfect if you're looking for somewhere with no nightclubs and no noise. Our room in Pefki island resort was basic but very clean, air conditioning is at an extra charge (€65 per week) which I thought was a rip off but I would stay there again. We stayed in C block which is next to the pool bar and very noisy until 01:00 when the karaoke stops its all quiet. Hope this helps.
for me the best restaurant was anixis both for value and quality we had 3 starters 3 main courses inc 1 steak 2 desserts 3 mythos 3 martini and lemonade and 2 cokes and it was just under 60 euros, no kids meals in that either, mussels saganaki was superb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.