Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Don't worry, you're a good way from Faliraki.I've never stayed in Pefkos but you can walk to Lindos from there. Marcuschap is the resident expert on that end of the island. I'm sure you'll have a great time and will love Rhodes like most of us "regulars"!
Both Lindos and Lardos are walkable from Pefkos (one in each direction on the main road) however there are busses that run daily from Pefkos covering most of the island and last time i was there the prices wern't too bad.

Taxi's are also easy to get from the centre of Pefkos (approx 6 euros to Lindos).

There are also several car hire firms in Pefkos if you are feeling adventurous ;)

you don't get any of the club 18-30 crowd in Pefkos - it is more a family orientated resort with plenty of bars, restaurants and pools to make use of.

The beach isn't massive but it is clean and not far from the town centre (or the appartments you are staying at).

You can relax or go for a look about with no problems and no one trying to hastle you to buy things.

I'm going back there in June for 3 weeks.
I'm not sure that I could walk to Lindos or Lardos from Pefkos in the summer - far too hot. You can get a taxi or bus or you could hire a car. Its about a 20 to 30 minute drive to Falaraki.
To Louiseloulou. Do me a favour when you are on holiday in Pefkos. Take a trip to Faliraki & see what it is like. My wife & I are 60 + and are retiring to Faliraki in May , having been there on holiday on & off for 16 years.It is NOT populated by sex mad larger louts !!!! :really :sun2 :sun2
Well Faliraki is a good 30 minute drive away but as tpebop it's not the wild, depraved resort that the tv shows would have you believe - outside of Bar Street/Club Street you'll find it's quite family friendly. It's not my favourite place on the island but it's not really an 18-30s hell hole either.

Opinions on walking differ greatly, i think the walk between Lindos and Pefkos is fine, others say it's a killer! The walk takes me about 45 minutes but you've got a good hill as you leave Pefkos and again just before you hit Lindos. I've not walked to Lardos so not too sure how long that would take, i'd guess at around an hour (depending on which end of Pefkos you are), that walk would be pretty flat all the way though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.