Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
pefkos rhodes
64 Posts
Stayed in Lardos about 5 years ago and tended to visit Pefkos almost every day. Tavernas were good for lunchtime treats after a morning on the beach.
Hi

Try this site it is full of info on Pefkos http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsofpefkosrhodes

Message boards are good to.

Don
8)
Pefkos is lovely, fairly quiet, though we went in June so prob a bit quieter than Aug! Few nice bars and one fab one called Pefki By Night. On the corner has dry ice blowing from the sides of the building keeping it cool and you will need it! Good music and not bad price drinks. Suitable for all ages! Nice beach and within a short taxi ride to Lindos, which is worth going to. Happy Hols :D
Hi we stayed there 2003.We had a fab holiday,location was good right next to the beach(down some steps)the room was nice and clean , good air cond.Lovely pool,bar staff good fun.The entertainment was poor .Pefkos was lovely,it has a nice relaxed atmosphere,nice bars and restraunts.We were a family with two kids and we would go back.Hope you enjoy it.
anne
Hi man u fandan,stopping there for two weeks,going saturday 30th july.
Heres the website for Thalassa- http://www.lindiathalassa.gr/uppon.html
Looks like a great place to be,and youll also find lots of info at the above address,the friends of pefkos one,though you might not want to take any notice of me,il be the guy in a Chelsea shirt :P
Thanks everybody for your replies,Didger2004 we will be there the same time as you.
Yeah,il keep an eye out for a man called Dan in a Man Utd top :D
Didger2004, do you by any chance know how much the air conditioning is at the lindia thallassa apparantly it is quite expensive,but we will deffinately need it in august.see you there! 8)
Hi,have had contrasting reports on this,from 70euros for 2weeks,to 160euros for 2weeks,however,on Friends Of Pefkos site,someone has recently returned from the Thallasa and so i have left message asking for price of aircon/safety deposit,il let you know soon as i receive reply,or check out the website for yourself,ive acquired numerous tit bits of information
Hi Dan,the person who has just returned,informs me that for a week,the aircon is 60euros and a safety deposit box is 25euros
Try this http://www.lindiathalassa.gr.
we are booked to stay the 21st sept for a week, look forward to info off you.
paul
We are off to Pefkos next month (self , hubby & boys 15 & 12) and I am trying to get an I dea of how much spending money I will need :yikes
Can anyone give me an idea what I could expect to pay for meals ie local dishes & seafood and also cost of beer and pop .
thanks in advance
It all depends on where you eat but we normally pay around £10-12pp including wine for a 2 course meal (though i guess childrens meals would be cheaper). Soft drinks are similar prices to UK as they tend to be the same brands (Fanta, Coke, etc.), Beer in a bar is similar to UK pub prices but buying any alcohol from a supermarket is much cheaper than we pay here.
hi,
thinking of going to rhodes around the 20th october for a week, stopping in pefkos, went a few years ago in may. does anyone know what the weather is like then, if all the restaurants / shops etc are still all open, and if there is still plenty of people around.
thanks.
theresa :D
You should be Ok during the day time with day temps around 22 degrees but cooler at night,you may find a few of the bars and restaurants closed due to end of season trade.

Pefkos is warmer than the North of the Island btw.
We were in nearby Lindos at that time a couple of years ago. It was great both during the day and at night. However, we were told that usually there are evenings when you would need a cardi. I would easily go back then again! Love to know what you think of Pefkos by the way as I think I might like to try there.
The weather in October is normally pretty similar to May. The season does finish at the end of October and flights gradually cut down so it won't be busy. Most restaurants, bars, etc do stay open til the end of October but there may be some items off the menu/out of stock as they start to wind down.
Didger,
Sorry it's taken a while for me to reply,thanks for the info on the air con,not as dear as ithought it would have been,and we will deffinately need it.If you find out any more info please let us know, not long now ,we are on countdown how about you!(by the way this is dan's wife lol writting this message). see you soon :lol:
Ozpants1
Thanks for the web page,some great info on it lovely pictures aswell,will send you more info on our return17.8.2005 hope you have a great time. :D

posted by dan's wife lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.