Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
pefkos rhodes
64 Posts
Hi ManufanDan and his wife,have been on countdown since booking holiday Jun04.Last few weeks seem to be really dragging,nethertheless,only about two weeks to go now,yipee :D
I've just stumbled across this forum but doing a google search on Pefkos and there seems to be some great advise here :D

Not to hijake someone thread but I've been looking at Pefkos for a Holiday next year (Sept 2006)

Were looking for a 2 week holiday on one of the larger greek islands but there are quite a few of us going myself and my partner and another two couples and were also taking my mum who has not been on a holiday for over 30 years now (shes a farmer so finds it hard to take a break!)

Anyhow mums 50 next year but young at heart and ther rest of us are late 20's early 30's were looking for for a nice resort as a base no where manic just some where where we can go out in the evening have a good choice of restaraunts and bars. Also is there plenty of vegitarian choice on the menus out there as we have a rather fussy vegi going with us!

SO IS PEFKOS THE PLACE FOR US :?:

Also not having been to Rhodes is there plenty to do on the islands for two weeks we intend to hire a couple of jeeps.................

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Claire
hi claire777, pefkos is the idyllic resort on the island of rhodes, although it is known as the hottest of the greek islands you will get an exceptional tan. pefkos is generally quiet with very little in the way of nightlife,you get the odd bar open till late or early hours, there are numerous restaurants in the resort all serving fantastic greek cuisine and english dishes, even something for the veggy. good local beer and wine are also available, although they are reasonably priced as it priced by the local police so none of them rip you off.There are two beaches both are clean with sunbeds(which you have to pay for)shallow waters and are downhill (not steep) inclines to get to.Car hire is available in pefkos at marathon cars but do hire them to get around the island as it all very beautiful.(DO NOT HIRE A CAR THROUGH THE TOUR REPS).Visit rhodes town and harbour in the north of the island, for a great day out, market stalls are set in the walls of fortress and well worth looking around.From the harbour you can go on a day trip to marmaris turkey, again don't book with the reps. At the very south of the island you can see the two seas meet. the aegean and the med. In between the north and south are several hidden away beaches and coves probably the nicest being agathia beach any way hope this gives you an inkling you won't go far wrong in rhodes i go every year and never tire of the friendliness of the natives........ chris123.. :roll:
Thank Chris

Its sounds wonderful :D 8)

I've also posted on the corfu section on the website asking questions about that island but I feel Rhodes may be the one for us!

Another question is why do you say not to book cars and excursions through the tour reps?
I presume its to do with the price of the excursions however I'm not the most holiday experianced person in the world so any advise is very welcome especially when it comes down to what to do on holiday.

My last holiday was last year in Crete with thomas cook and we had a fantastic time. We made use of one excursion (Jeep Safari) and we booked a hire car through the rep but you say dont do this. However the reps warned us off of hiring cars through the locals as they collar you for extra expenses and stuff :?

So where is the best place to hire cars from ?
hi claire, we found that the reps tend to overcharge for the trips and tours and by shopping around and talking to locals you can find places doing the same things cheaper including car hire.Reps tend to use major car hire companys such as avis and hertz and you will pay through the nose. marathon cars and G.A.M.(i think) we found were very reasonable. Around rhodes harbour several operators run trips to turkey all touting for your custom so you can get one a few euros cheaper. One we went on last year did a buy one get one free. A trip to turkey one day and a cruise to island of simi the next. so shop about. One hotel in pefkos i can recommend is the" amphitriti " either B&B or self cat, family run very friendly and clean. YAMMAS (cheers) chris. 8) ps if you want to send email address i could send you a few pics
Chris Cheers for the great advise

If you could email some piccies (hope none of them are rude :wink: ) That would be ace!

Thats the only thing putting me off Pefkos as I have not seen any pics of the town/village itself but only of hotels and ther complexes :( . I found some pics of a beach but it wasn't really of the beach more of the surronding rocks :o

Many thanks :D
Edit to remove email address as per T&Cs. luci HT Mod
hi claire it must be against HT rules to send e-address as it is edited out ,chris
Email addresses are not allowed on the site for members' security, eg spam. However you may use the PM (private message) facility for contact.

HTH

luci :wave
I went to Evi Studios back last year, it was great. It had two pools which were really nice, it had a bar open early until late. Staff are very helpful expecially Tasos (owner) it is 15 foot steps away to the beach! strongly recommend snorkling, they are a must do thing in this island. (try near the rocks!) You can rent a car across the road, very cheap (for 3 days it is something like 80 euros.) There is also a very nice restaurant across the road called hellas, definately the best. It is a very quiet place up there and not a very good place to take children (too hot and quiet) Try lindos and old town shopping place.
I am hedding to marianthi studios this month, is it any good? :oops:
email me please
Hi Garry
Look at the web site
http://www.lindiathalassa.gr
We are booked to go on 21st sept, read and heard excellent reviews, they do charge for the air con.
we have booked thru first choice.
paul
any info on the thalia hotel ie pictures of rooms or anything what i found so far shows it looks good any help with this would be appreciated we are going in july 12th for 2 weeks

sorry about bart i forgot how to take away lol
I am staying in the Pefkos end of Lindos. Is it worth the extra km to hit the beaches in Pefkos?
Also what about for evening drinks?

DAve
i know some one who is going there and they went there last year they have there own website for that hotel i cant remeber ir but i will find it sometime and it looks nice
http://www.lindiathalassa.gr

also i got a good deal to go to pefkos via travelsupermarket.com i am staying at the thalia hotel going on the 12th july the holiday is with olympic holidays and for 4 of us it is £852 for 14 nights which i think is a good price check it out and cost it and if you still want to book via the travel agent then go in armed with the info and they may even beat this price or get the same deal i eventually booked it through first choice as they deal with olympic holidays and the process was easy
Hi,
we went to the Thalia hotel for a week last July. It is basic but clean and the staff were pleasant enough. Safety deposit boxes are in reception, air conditioning is in all rooms. They have a Greek night once a week and a karaoke night once a week. The only thing that bothered us last year was that they started to open the pool bar late at night and there was some noise as our room was overlooking the pool :evil: However it was only a couple of nights. If you go into the Peacock bar tell Lesley and Lefteris that Dave and Sarah sent you.
thanks to the peacocks for your reply

i have been doing some internet research but there is nothing like what you can get from real people any more info from anyone would be appreciated
8)
I'm going to Pefkos in 4 days time with my fiance and 2 female friends. We're staying at Lyndia Thalassa apts, has any one been there? Are they nice as i know the accomodation in Greece leaves alot to be desired! Also, is there plenty to do at night? We like dressing up and going out for nice meals followed by a few drinks. Can we do this in Pefkos? :D
i know the accommodation in Greece leaves alot to be desired!

sorry but i must dispute this generalisation, accommodation in Greece is no worse than other countries, the old adage applies ..You get what you pay for. the official calcifications run from "tourist accommodation" the very basic to 5 star and a couple of crown resorts, just check everything before you book

wizard
Well the apartments are 4 star rated and i did pay more money than i normally would to get these apartments that is why i'm asking if they're good!! I've read alot of very positive reviews on them but i thought i'd still ask round. Have you stayed in these apartments at all?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.