Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
How old are the kids? Mine were 7. loved the resort & area esp Lardos. Aquapark v. good, butterly valley well worth the trip
V Clean resort, nice people, family orientated.
friend of mine who works for Lunn Poly has been to pefkos for the last 13 years. you will enjoy 8)(edit be cos I spelt wrong)!!
just the one and he's 6. really looking forward to it now.cheers :hyper
Couple of nice places to eat on your visit to Pefkos there`s sambikas up the hill and george`s which is at the bottom of the hill :)
well thats the hill covered then. :D .anybody going in early july?
The Coliseum restaurant in Pefkos is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at in Greece and we've been to over 10 Greek islands. Terpsis restaurant across the road from The Coliseum is good too.
Hi Wartrijam, I totally agree with retsina, the two places mentioned we ate at quite often, we had our daughter and husband two young children then 5 and one years old, the staff could not do enough for us and the food was out of this world, do hope you enjoy Pefkos as much as we did
Margaret(Madmum) :lol:
cheers guys.you cant beat a good greek resturant i say.i will be looking in on those.
Hi everyone,

Hoping to book for pefkos for late sept.want a quiet holiday this year haven't been very well.

Me and hubby will be going, we enjoy nice resturants, hiring a car and exploring, nothing too rowdy, and warm weather!
Is this the place for us? :?

Many thanks :)
In a word, yes. Pefkos is a quietish resort, although we were there in June, but it has some really nice places to eat and enough bars for a good night out if that is what you want. You are a fair bit from Rhodes town itself, but local buses run and are cheap transport. Car hire shouldn't be a problem, can't think of any particular place offhand, but there are a few.
Nice beach and friendly people.
Plenty to do and see on Rhodes as well as in Rhodes town. Weather should still be warm during the day at that time of year with the benefit of being cooler at nights making it easier to sleep.
It is a slightly hilly resort, but not to bad. Some of the hotels etc sit on the hill up from the main road, others sit down the hill. You either walk up hill to go and eat and roll down, or walk down and stagger up (depending on how much you imbibe in the local wine/Ouzo.) None of the hills are that steep though, and most of the bars etc. are on the main road which is quite flat.

Andy.
Late September is a great time (visiting Lindos then) as the weather is very good but not too uncomfortable. The sea is also at it's warmest.
Agree with the last post you should be able to have a relaxing, quiet holiday in Pefkos. A good selection of restaurants and bars and if you want more options then Lindos is only a 5 minute taxi ride away.
Hiring a car is a great idea and you can often get offers such as 3 days for the price of 2. Driving on the island is very easy once you master being on the opposite side of the road. All signs are in enlish aswell as greek and look out for the brown signs, they mark out the tourist attractions.
Hi,
Thanks for your replies ! much apprieciated! I am looking at accomodation now and any suggestions would be great! :D

Basic accom. self catering .We love greece our favouate place is Kefalonia...but found it to be quite expensive when we were there 2 years ago...pefkos sounds ideal and looking forward to going now! :D

Many thanks.
When i worked in Pefkos George's Studios were one of my favourites - just off the main road so a nice quiet spot but minutes from everything (I think they're with Olympic now).
Friends of mine love Pefki Islands, which does look nice if you're looking for somewhere with a pool, bar, etc. (Thomson).
Hi,heading to Pefkos in August,really like the look of it.We are heading to the above named accomodations sister hotel,Lindia Thalassa,more info on both at http://www.pefkiislandresort.gr/.
You will also find an MSN group called Friends of Pefkos,who have numerous members who will answer any questions you may have
A big thank you to everyone.This forum never lets me down, so informative , will take all advice given...still looking for accomodation.Obviously it's not going to be easy with such a popular destination! :D
Would strongly recommend Pefki Islands.Spotless,friendly and the biggest rooms I have ever stayed in Greece
The sister hotel looks good its just across the road but the rooms are smaller
I'm 24 and my girlfriend is 20. We are going to Pefkos on the 15th June. I've heard its very quiet with nothing to do. Can anyone tell me what the nightlife is like?

I'm not looking to be out clubbing every night but I would like to go for something to eat and have a few drinks after it.
Pefkos is a quieter resort but there's still a good few restaurants and bars. If you want a livelier night you're only 5 minutes by bus/taxi from Lindos where there's a much wider choice of restaurants and nightlife.
If you do a search for a website called friends of pefkos, you will get loads of information from there. It is quiet but lots of lovely resturants especially the one above the bakery at the top of the hill, lovely views too.

Plenty of bars and if you want something lively you can always get a taxi into Lindos, it cost us 5 euros last year which is nothing.
Hi has anybody stayed at the lindia thallassa apts in pefkos we are going 3aug this year ,any information on the resort or accomodation very welcome .
thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.