Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi i have been 4 times to the Pernera, they send me a christmas card every year. You have picked a great hotel and nice beach in a cove. If you have booked a superior room it faces the sea, and you can hear it if you leave your balcony door open at night as we did.

When we were last it was 4.50 euros a day for a 2x chair and umbrella. But to give you a tip, near the back of the pool where they play darts near tennis courts you can get into the sea going over a base platform, then come back to your free sun bed around the pool.

You can also use the free sun beds and umbrellas dotted around the hotel and walk to the beach, its a minute. Or buy a lylo and lie on them on the beach.
The hotel has a promenade in which you can walk into Protaras about 30 mins stroll.

Any more info i will be glad to help. We are back there in Sept in Pernera in a villa.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. Great tip about using the hotels sunbeds :sun2 Can't wait to go. The hotel is now AI do you know if the drinks are local brands or international? Thanks
Hi

International, but not bad, it wasnt AI when we were there, they only changed it this past year or so. If you like Malibu there brand is yuck lol. It is a lot cheaper here and mostly family bars and restaurants, they always remember us and we have been visiting for years from self catering to B&B, HB and now upgraded to a villa for the first time. Hiring cars are easy, the roads are great and drive like us on the left, trips, water parks are within distance, taxis are a little expensive, but the local bus takes you nearly everywhere, Ayia Napa, waterworld for example.

Its cheap to eat out, from the boards about a tenner for 3 courses, i know you may not want to venture out to eat, but i can recommend a few places.

Some great trips, the red bus tour is hilarious a great day out.
Hi

We don't plan to do any excursions this time, just a lazy time in the sun!! But do like to support local bars and resturants so plan to eat out a few evenings. Any recommendations for local bars and resturants would be appreciated, Thanks
Sorry another question what is the sunbed situation like, is it towels down at silly O Clock, Thanks
No problem at all ask away :cheers

No we were up 0830 and we secured prime spots, the best of the sun is having your back to the sea (on the back row facing the hotel rooms)

There are sun beds dotted around on the grass (but yucky ants)

On the beach there are loads of beds at any time, the beach sun beds belong to a company who charge. Nearly all the beds on beaches you pay for.

HTH

ps the pool isnt big really, they do have an indoor one as well. But when they upgraded to AI they should have extended the pool.
Thanks for the reply 8.30 doesn't sound too bad think we will stick to sunbeds at the hotel and walk to the beach for a dip in the sea :-)
Cor blimey missus your on the ball on here today :)
Tbh we were half board, it changed to AI when we left, so why not send an email to the hotel, they do respond quick, ask they if you pay for sun beds on the beach. Its not a private beach, and any beach you can go onto no problem.
Lol :rofl booked a couple of days ago, getting as much information as I can - Can't wait to go :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.