France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I haven't explored all the options in detail, but I think it'll be big guns time! IE the need to fly to Paris from your nearest airport in the Perpignan area, or to allow a whole day to travel by rail - if possible using the TGV.

Unfortunately both ways are going to cost you dear!! Is there no way you could promise a subsequent visit from the UK when it will be a little cooler and with fewer other guests?

If you are determined to go from Perpignan, try looking at http://www.airfrance.com orhttp://www.sncf.com. You will certainly need to book accommodation!

You might like to investigate this from the UK before you leave and even make your bookings so that you won't have the problem of transport or accommodation being full. Disneyland Paris's website should be able to help you with details of how to get to the Park from central Paris or its airports. Good luck - and pack plenty of water and snacks, and patience in bucket loads!
Merci - Alsacienne! We have been there a few times but normally in February or March this would be our first time high season so that should be interesting. I was just wondering if there were any cheapy train fares even if it meant night time travel to get there and I'll try to rent an apartment in Val d'Europe or something like that, we will be in Argeles sur mer for about five weeks so thought it might give us a diversion. On the other hand, I am considering going to the Spanish Warner bros park I think its called Portaventura this is a lot closer apparently near Salou, have stayed in Salou but never went to Portaventura kids were way too small at that time to appreciate it. Cheers.
I'm too much of a coward to go on many rides - we visited Disney about 11 years ago when we first came to France to give our son a treat - but have seen Port Aventura from the outside and it looks great. It would be well set up for queuing in the shade ....... I hope!!!

I think you might consider this as a good alternative to Disney, especially as your kids already know Disney!! It has various integral hotels and you would only need to take the major international trainline south to Barcelona and then a short ride south. I think it's probably unlikely that you would need to do this as an overnight and the views would be good anyway.

Port Aventura will have its own website but a UK travel agent worthy of the name should be able to book for you - tickets and accommodation. I still find that Deutsche Bahn's website is the best for information on internationa train times! You could always have a stop in Barcelona (Nou Camp stadium tours, zoo with white tiger, Las Ramblas, Gaudi) to give the youngsters another insight into Europe!

I would personally opt for PA over Disney on this occasion ...........
We have a sticky topic at the top of the Costa Dorada forum dedicated to Port Aventura which should answer all your questions and give you information on discount tickets.

luci :wave
Thanks for that Luci will check it out, at least I can drive there its a reasonable distance away :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.