Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
photographs
10 Posts
Hi Bootle.
No, we have no gallery now.

The new owners got rid of the one we had, and some of us have been waiting over 2 years for any signs of a new one.

Sanji x
Thank you Sanji, for your comments.

We have actually added images to reviews, I will check the status of this with Phil. In the meantime you can see an example on the latest review here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/antalya-region/belek/vera-hotel-verde/
Thank you Sanji, for your comments

You're welcome.
I don't think photos added to reviews, is what bootle or myself were referring to.

Sanji
It wasn't, but the old style Gallery wont be making an appearance. This is the new alternative.
There we have it
the old style Gallery wont be making an appearance. This is the new alternative.

Obviously far better than the original.

/Peter
Chris wrote:
It wasn't, but the old style Gallery wont be making an appearance. This is the new alternative.

But that's not what you promised, you said you had preserved the photos in the old gallery and you were going to incorporate it (or something similar) into the main site, instead of it being on another server and separate from the main site, as it was in the past.
Hi Sanji, Are we having a media gallery in the next few weeks? No we aren't unfortunately. Is the plan to have a media gallery? Yes it is, and as I mentioned we can use the data we collect from the various sources to build something that...

Hi Sanji,
Are we having a media gallery in the next few weeks? No we aren't unfortunately. Is the plan to have a media gallery? Yes it is, and as I mentioned we can use the data we collect from the various sources to build something that allows people to quickly find images and that doesn't have loads of spammy data.

The idea of adding photos to reviews is a good idea, if you are specifically looking for a particular hotel and you know where you want to stay, otherwise you're going to waste time trawling through reviews.
Ok, look at this from a different angle. If I like the look of something from viewing a multitude of photos uploaded by different members and all in one place, then I'd go and research the hotel and resort further by reading the reviews....After viewing the photo.

Sanji
PeteB wrote:
There we have it
the old style Gallery wont be making an appearance. This is the new alternative.

Obviously far better than the original.

/Peter

Thanks PeteB

Sanji, we do still have the original database from the gallery. It was a very disjointed affair and didn't gel well with the old site - it was on a completely separate website for a start. We are (still) working towards having something more integrated and relevant to the current content of the site. There are some very random uploads still sitting there, like videos to wish people happy Christmas etc. These sorts of things don't really hold any relevancy to what we are trying to achieve.

Just because we are showing images against a review doesn't mean we cant show them elsewhere, additionally I don't believe users are 'wasting time' trawling the reviews.
Chris
Now you're confusing me.
First you say there isn't going to be a media gallery and now there is the remote possibility that there may be one. :scratch:

Nobody is disputing that the media gallery would have been better on the same server, but it didn't stop people from using it...in fact I hate to point this out to you, but it was very successful, especially the gallery previously being used before Van had an attempt at the Media Gallery.

I'm by no means teckie minded, but I would hazard a guess that space was the problem, which occurred when videos started to be uploaded, which took up the space of hundreds of photos....hence the reason for the Media Gallery conception.
There are some very random uploads still sitting there, like videos to wish people happy Christmas etc. These sorts of things don't really hold any relevancy to what we are trying to achieve.

Out of interest...what exactly are you trying to achieve? You have to appreciate that HT's success was because of a community that was built up over many years, and what exactly is wrong with wishing the members Happy Christmas?...after all, without those faceless members contributing over the year(s) there wouldn't be a site that survived, either then or now.

If you want to spend time trawling the reviews, then fair enough - I personally have better things to do with my time, unless I want to access the review for a specific reason.

Sanji
Sanji,

You have my views on the Media Gallery new and old, I do not feel it will be constructive entering into a lengthy discussion about it. You have your views on the matter and I have mine. We can agree to disagree.

Sanji wrote:
If you want to spend time trawling the reviews, then fair enough - I personally have better things to do with my time..

Just regarding this comment, as I am not sure what you are trying to say/suggest. May I remind you, you are here by choice. I do not force you or anyone else who has taken a disliking to the way we run Holiday Truths to stay.

Please send me a Private Message if you wish to discuss anything I have mentioned further.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.