Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Photos
18 Posts
Hi Dave

Firstly you have to upload your picture(s) to a photo hosting website such as http://photobucket.com/ or http://www.flickr.com/

Once you have uploaded the picture(s) you will find that each picture has an IMG Code listed beside it for posting on to websites forums etc, simply copy and paste the img code in to your post here on HT.

it will look something like this
[code]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20GRAHAMATWELL-PC/Dalyan/Dalyan19.jpg[/code]

and once pasted in to your post will look like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20GRAHAMATWELL-PC/Dalyan/Dalyan19.jpg

Graham
Thanks Graham,
I will have to try it out not used any of the sites so will have to join them and give it a bash.

Thanks again,
Dave.
Have you tried this out yet Dave?
Just to add, Phil is working on the ability to add Pictures (later Video) to review pages. The process will be very easy with files being uploaded directly to HT.

Chris
Chris
I think the error made years ago was the upload of picture files was done one at a time and not in bulk.
if you ask Sanji I think she has a better idea of what I'm on about. :que :que
Hi Ray,

Yes that sounds tedious, the new image upload is a bulk one :)
Chris
Hi Ray
The problem (for some) with the new media gallery was that apart from not being able to upload in bulk, it was the way that the software had been programmed.
During the upload process you had to write the information about the photo and then browse for the photo on your computer to upload.

Some members found this not 'very user friendly' and thought it should have been the other way around, ie: find the photo on your computer, upload it and then write about it.
In the old and very successful HT gallery, this was how it was done.- photo first, then fill in the boxes/comments and you could upload in bulk.

After the invitation to upload videos into the old photo gallery and people started doing so, the space became tight, because obviously one video would take up the space of hundreds of photos - hence the new media gallery was born.

Personally, I found this hiccup in the software could be 'got around' by having two windows open at the same time (my photo album and the media gallery upload screen.) so, I had the photo in view whilst I wrote about it, but it was always going to be a pain not having bulk upload.
It was the first software attempt and whether any changes or improvements could have followed, we will never know.

I'm assuming that if you're attaching photos to a review, then a lot of what was required by the media gallery, won't be necessary. EG: country, destination and resort. :que
We'll have to wait and see ;)
Hello, is there any news on the photo up loader yet? I don't want to use the other way of doing it, but would use a simple loader like they have on Facebook or Trip Advisor.
Phil is on holiday at the moment Dave.

YES Glynis , its OK for some eh. :wave: :wave:
ray388 wrote:

YES Glynis , its OK for some eh. :wave: :wave:

Well earned break :tup
Hello again, is there any news on the photo's yet ?
Dave.
HI Dave,

You must have read my mind :)
I have just been doing some tinkering with this. I am going to put the photos live, that I have been given so far over the weekend so people can get a feel of what it will be like.

I'm still tinkering with a bug on the add review form, so that's going to be a short while yet but in the mean time if you have any photos you wish to add to your review please send them to me :)
Cheers, Phil
Phil,
I look forward to it then, I have just under 3 weeks till we go to Albufeira and will be there for 2 weeks then perhaps a week before I load my photos on to my computer, so I see it that you have 6 weeks to sort out the bug and I should be up and running with my review and a few photos to go with it.

Dave.
Is there still no news on a easy way to pop on photos on this site, I would like to put some on but I don't want to send hours doing it going round the houses to do it.
Dave.
I don't see what is particulalry hard about uploading to a photo hosting website then simply copying and pasting the link for whatever photo(s) you want posted in to your post as detailed above.

No going round the houses, instead of uploading them here all you are doing is uploading to a dedicated photo hosting website then putting a simple lnk on here.

Your photos are kept secure and you can post one or more photos or even links to complete slideshows
I've recently rejoined the site after a long absence - just tried uploading several photos from photobucket but I got an error saying I hadn't made enough posts to allow me to post pictures - any idea how many posts I have to make??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.