Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Photos
17 Posts
Haven't been told this by Kingstork?? Is this something to do with package tours perhaps?
I haven't been told this either by the people where I am staying and I have been in correspondence with them quite a lot over the last few weeks. This did crop up I think either last year or the year before and I don't think anyone was actually asked for this when they arrived. We certainly weren't asked for it and we were on a package holiday. I think they just take a photocopy of your passport. I usually have a couple of spare ones with me anyway because who can tell in Goa!
I think it just has to do with C-Forms, just printed on an inkjet printer should do, i wouldn't waste the Visa style ones, especially if you paid top dollar for them. For more info on C-Forms, have a look here

http://www.poipleshadow.com/C-Form
I bought this little program and it let's you take your own passport photos - normal or 2"x2". It doesn't cost much and with a decent printer all the hassle of getting photos is a thing of the past!

http://www.passportphotostudio.com/purchase.html
Try this prints good passport photo's and is free, been around this site for years

http://www.idphoto4you.com/
Our hotel asked last year for photocopies (2) of passport and visa, but I imagine a hotel with a package holiday should do this themselves.
Don't know which form it is but apparently the hotel needs to register all foreign visitors.
think that you also have to have your photo taken in order to get an Indian sim card for the phone.
Try this prints good passport photo's and is free, been around this site for years

Thanks Silentman - could have saved myself a fiver!!
Turned out not asked for :que but thought we'd be on the safe side.
all shacks are open as of yesterday,rate is very good so now enjoying :sun2
Manxcat, what is the rate?
exchange on net shows as 101.236 so what are you getting on the street?
101.80 is about the best we've seen,97 the lowest.we were told it did go to 106 :really
hope those rates hold until end of Jan!
My tickets have just arrived from Jewel,with a letter also saying in big bold letters
that 2 passport photos are need for check in.
Please be aware the Indian Government now require all Goa hotels to obtain 2 passport size photos of clients for their check in procedure. Please ensure that you take these with you otherwise your check in will be delayed.
Dont know if this will be enforced but may be worth printing them off. :que
And I bet they want standard size passport photos, not the 50mm x 50mm ones they insist on for the visa.......... what a shower!
thanks for that, I'll scan and copy a couple of existing ones.
As they are only for the hotel I imagine that similar ones to those required when buying phone cards will be OK and those are simply done in the shop when you buy the card.
Any more hurdles?
Ever had the feeling that you are not wanted?
Dont think there would be a problem getting a photo done in one of the shops
its just the bit about "your check in could be delayed" i dont fancy. not after a 9 hour flight and
chasing my bag around the airport for a hour :cry
Wouldn't worry about it the hotel will take a copy of the photo from your passport. It's for the C Form that hotels need to fill in. It says on the form or it did last season if the hotel or guest house does not have access to a digital camera then a copy of visa page from the passport is acceptable. I take a couple of copies with me. If the hotel insist on them then it's around 200 rupees for 8 passport or visa sizes pics. The hotel won't need them straight away the next day would do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.