Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Pisa
13 Posts
Don't stay at the train station! ! !
We did that because we had a 6 hour layover in Pisa before catching a train to Barcelona at 3 AM.
We walked to the tower and back to the train station!!! Yes, at 1 AM ! ! !
Hi Hobo, does it have to be a hotel ?, the reason I ask is because we rented a fatntastic apartment for a week in June this year, and if you were interested then I would happily pass the contact details to you.
Sliema2,many thank's for reply. As this is are first visit we thought a hotel would be are best option,but would be interested on info about apartment .
Hobo :wink:
Hi Hobo, we considered the hotel option at first, but I'm glad we didn't do it as the accomodation was one of the most stunning places we have ever stayed in, the price for what we got was very good, and the lady that runs the place coudn't of been kinder, such a friendly, informative and helpfull person, the accomodation is right besdide the river Arno and is about 15 minute walk from the railway station, about 10 mins by bus or taxi from the airport and the tower, camposanto etc is also about 10 mins walking, I have sent you the accomodation information by private message.

Sliema2
I'd be interested in the apartment in Pisa as well. We're going there at the end of October for a week.

Thanks very much!
LDE44
Flying into Pisa on monday night for two days.Staying near tower.Thinking maybe Florence by return train Tuesday. Wednesday in Pisa.
Need advice on transfer from airport-hotel transfer to train. Must see things, eat,do. advice on tickets for visiting tower etc,costs food, drinks .
Thank you in advance!
Hi backpacker, if your only there for 2 days I'm presuming that you won't have to much luggage with you ?, if so you can easily catch a bus very close to where you are staying for I seem to remember 1 euro each the bus stops outside arrivals at the airport and does a circular route around Pisa it stops at the railway station aswell, with regards getting to the station you can either catch the bus again, or if you are feeling energetic it is easy to walk to, you cross The River Arno at the Ponte Mezzio and walk in a straight line down the Corso Italia and you will be there in about 15 mins or so, there are plenty of trains to Florence which in Italian is Firenze, I'm presuming again that you are going to see the sites of Firenze The Duomo, Ufizzi, Ponte Vecchio etc if so you need to get off the train at Firenze Santa Maria Novella ( Firenze SMN), but word of warning, be very carefull at railway stations in Italy inside and out as there always seems to be very dodgy looking people hanging about outside normally gypsies, druggies, beggars, alcoholics or just general dodgy looking people so mind your wallets and don't be taken in by gangs of children wanting to make friends with you as they will be trying to nick your wallet, if in doubt use this phrase which always works for me "Mi lasci in pace pronto" which means in Italian "leave me in peace immediately" works every time, enjoy your trip.

Buono fortuna
Sliema2
As our flight into Pisa has been put back to late evening arrival,looking to take taxi into Pisa to get to hotel,anyone know what the fare would roughtly be.
Hobo :wink:
Hi Hobo, if I remember correctly it was about 10-12 Euros from the airport in to the city it takes about 10 minutes or so, by the way are you using the apartment I reccomended ?.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi Sliema2,Many thank's for your reply,Decided to stay in Hotel this trip,But will be going to see where the apartments are .Flying this evening from Liverpool, so looking forward to 3 relaxing days/sightseeing/eaten +drinking and watching the world go by. Hobo :wink:
Ciao hobo, the apartment is in the Palazzo Agostini whicj is on the Lungarno Pacinotti, near the Ponte Mezzio and above The Cafe Dell Ussero, hope you have a good time but be carefull in and around the station and the areas around the tower.

Buono Fortuna
Sliema2
Sliema2, (or anybody else who might know ?)

If I arrive in Pisa at around 11 pm local time, will bars and restaurants still be open ? is there an area I should head for or specifically avoid ? We're planning to stay near the train station as we're heading for Siena the following morning, is the area around the train station as dodgy as the stations ?

Ole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.