Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Places to eat
24 Posts
Whoops, sorry, Sunny Beach
hi joy our favourite is the miami in sveti vlas just get a taxi ( not expensive ) a little more expensive than in sunny beach but a great atmosphere and good food. if you go friday or saturday are the best nights they will get you up dancing lots of singing and clapping a real good time the owners are lovely people and the staff cannot do enough cant wait to see them again in 8 weeks if you need anymore info just pm me and i will do my best to help :cheers
Thank you Tott, will be sure to check it out :cheers
Joy, a number of the restaurants in SB change hands from year to year, so really you want someone who has been thsi year to respond, but Djanny's is a favourite of a lot of members on here, and has been going for years. Also, your rep will offer you a trip to Khan's Tent, for dinner & a show, which again is very popular (I've done it twice). I'm sure others will be along soon.
Djannys is a great restaurant, so is the Condor. They have both been going for years. Have a lovely holiday :)
Hi Joy

Best restaurant we were at this year was The White Rose in New Nessebar. Lovely restaurant, great food, service and prices.

In Sunny Beach the best ones were Djannys, Condor and Atol.

As Doonhamer said Khans Tent is a great night out.

Liz
Thanks Yvonne and Liz, will check them all out :)
The Atol food is very nice and you can watch the world go by as you relax and wine and dine .We also tend to visit Bistro Billys regular as they have good entertaiment every night .Why not try some local backstreet Bulgarian peasant style restruants where the food is exellent .
I recommand the Restaurant "Nessebar" in New Nessebar. Very good service and foot and good value for money.
Definitley D'Jannys, also Iris ( Opposite the bus station ) and Kochike ( Just further down from D'jannys ). I also liked Infinity next to hotel Kuban.
Word of warning about Khan's Tent. The price you will be asked by your rep is way above the true cost. Go to one of the local tour companies, ( we use Condor, next to the post office ) and you will pay significantly less.( Rep 80 lev, Condor 65lev ) Price includes transport there and back, free wine/beer or soft drinks, 4 course meal and the actual cabaret show .

:sun2 Toonman
Hi .

as toonman says kokichie and Djannies are always good only downside with Djannies is the usual queue outside to get in you should also try Condor there restraunt is very good and the staff are very friendly also across from condor on the other side of the main road you will see Far a also good as t/man says Infinity beside the Kiban is good they usually do a good roast dinner on a sunday (if you are one of the people who just like British food ) hopefully though you will be like most of us and try the local food which can be very enjoyable go and enjoy yourself and let us know on you return. :wave: :wave:
Eat out more in Vlas than SB this year. Less hassle, less noise, no pub crawling hordes to avoid.

Gerana was as good as ever. Central, was great for us, as we went out with friends, and they always managed to feed us all at the same time !

tried Chappai, down one of the lanes in Vlas. Walked by for years without going in. Great place. Very friendly, good food, and cheap as well.
Should have a health warning though, they dont let you leave. Even after you've paid , more drinks keep appearing. Lovely people. Will be going back a few times next year.
Shanghai chinese in Sunny Beach was great.
It only opened up at the start of July this year. Its on the main road through Sunny beach, opposite Disco Orange. ( new location for 2012 )

Food was great, service was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good varied menu, big portions and great value for money.

Looking forward to going back later on this year.
We came back last week and ate at the morris, be prepared to wait though as they can get very busy
The Emona on the beach front. Lovely food, amazing breakfasts, cheap, with friendly staff
Lot of good places at the marina in sveti vlas. Bit pricier than the rest of vlas but really worth trying. Great service and food at Gloria del mar. Went for lunch a couple of times and loved it
Some places well worth a look at.

Balona- Just down past bus station and opposite The Iris. Locals eat here so great value.

Morris- Right on beach opposite the Neptune/ Iberostar hotels.

China House- Opposite rear of Globus hotel. Large portions.

Bolero- My own personal favourite. Street leading off opposite Hotel Oasis on main road, about 100 yds down.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.