Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Tried to highlight some words in bold but showing as (b) ....(b) either side of words.. ?
I guess we all undertand what you are saying!
sounds like you had a poor time of it.
Thanks for the heads up....I was considering calling them.....wont now
Had thought of using them after seeing the TV show probably wont now

Wondered what all the s were highlighting in large shows up better surprised we don't have a font colour choice :(
edit to remove large bold print... [see terms of posting]

wizard
Just returned from our cruise, and met several others who had also booked via Planet Cruise. Suffered the same as we did. To top it off on disembarkation, although I had a transfer voucher for ship to airport, handling agent at port had no details and refused to accept our voucher, saying named transfer company not known to them, leaving us with no option other than to get a taxi to airport at £60.
We have since also been told this company has appeared on Watchdog.
Be warned !
Booked a holiday to Hawaii to celebrate a milestone birthday and decided to use Planet Cruise.
BIG MISTAKE!!! .
Travel documents were missing. I was promised emails and call backs which never materialised. I was told that a trip to Pearl Harbour, advertised when booking and paying for my holiday, was not included in my particular deal.
I had to travel to San Diego not knowing how I was going to be transported across the Mexican border to join the ship. When I arrived at the hotel there were several other Planet Cruise customers in the same position, all very stressed and unhappy, which is not an ideal start to any holiday.
I have never experienced such an appalling after sales service and would strongly recommend that you place your business elsewhere. This company is clearly not interested in providing a service to their customers once the holiday has been paid for.
We saw this companies programmes on TV and phoned regarding a particular cruise which we were very keen on. The flights advertised were from London but we wanted to fly from further up North and they said they would ring us when they found us a suitable flight.
6 months later I am still waiting for the call and needless to say we have since booked with another company.
It sounds like we had a VERY lucky escape!

John :(
Planet Cruise will be sooooo helpful before you book but after that they will not ring you back or answer any queries you may have. We have been promised so much but will confirm nothing. I wish I could turn the clock back and book with another company.
I agree with all the comments,they do not answer the phone in a reasonable time. Our recent experience was very bad, we had to cancel a cruise and did so in good time to receive a complete refund. I copied the cruise line into the cancellation letter and they replied promptly. AHowever trying to get a refund out of Planet Cruises proved more difficult it took at least 2 weeks longer than it should have done and only after threats of action did I get my refund. We had to cancel another cruise sometime ago booked with Reader Offers and had no difficulty whatsoever.I would never book with Planet Cruises again however cheap the deal
Imagine booking your holiday-of -a-lifetime, but then spending a large amount of that time trying to sort out problems caused by Planet Cruise!
Everything seemed brilliant-at first! The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us-UNTIL WE HAD PAID OUR MONEY!However, once we had paid our balance, customer care ceased!! Phone calls and emails were unanswered and we were desperately still trying to get answers the day before we flew out to Canada! Our 'problems' included having our flight booked for a day later than it should have been, causing huge logistical/financial issues. Then only one hotel room booked instead of two, meaning 3 adults were sharing one room for 3 nights. Then transportation turning up 3 hours earlier than expected (and being told by the company that Planet Cruise had changed the time). Transportation cancelled by Planet Cruise, leaving us to sort our own transfers, then one transfer refused to take a 3rd case (3 adults travelling). Finally,staying in a hotel booked by PC(knowing our daughter has Coeliac Disease) that could only offer a Coeliac guest canned fruit for breakfast! We would never, ever book with this company AGAIN.
We sent a 7 page letter of complaints by Special delivery (costing £8+), including 20+ photocopies of emails, incorrect bookings, statements from hotel and cruise ship staff. According to PC staff, it conveniently 'hadn't arrived'! We had, however, tracked the letter and could see the signature. Miraculously, it was then found! Basically, our complaints were ignored, although we did receive a VERY small amount of compensation after almost 6 weeks of hassle!
Please, please take note! Don't have your holiday ruined! I WISH I HAD READ THESE COMMENTS BEFORE I BOOKED!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.