UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
You do know Southall, right? The only "attractions" I can think of are the various religious centres - Sikh, Moslem, Hindu, take your pick, and a few good, and many not so good curry houses... unless I'm missing something of course in the 4 or so miles from here to Southall Broadway?
Southall has one of the densest population of Asians primarily Indian subcontinent. If you are keen on experiencing a bit of Asian culture, shopping and eating, you will have fairly good time there! Can not guarantee the quality though!
There are limited choices.

Attractions:
Southall Broadway
Hanwell's Brent River Park,
Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha

Shopping: Southall Broadway

Eating Out: there are many restaurants serving Asian cuisines that are worth a try.
If you plan to travel to Southall for some 'quick' work, you may visiting a few attractions (there aren't too many attractions). Oh and yes, you will find delicious Indian fare at Southall. Do give it a try. And Southall Broadway is the only place, so far as I remember, to shop.
I had been to Southall way back in the past. The only thing that caught my attention was Southall Broadway. Apart from that I did not find anything that interesting.
oh and I forgot to mention Glassy junction that used to be a major highlight of the area. By the way, anyone knows if its operational?
Glassy junction shut its doors down in 2012. was a great place to be.
Thanks Jane! Glassy junction was indeed a fantastic place to spend an evening full of joie de vivre!
which are the most popular pool parlours in Southall that offer refreshments, at least a pint of beer ;) ?
Hey there are a couple of pool parlours but I am not sure which one offers a free pint of beer( if there are any). I had been to Southall but that's been a while back. Southall is quite small and has relatively very few places of interest (Mostly religious and cultural) that can be covered in just one day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.