Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Playa del Ingles
72 Posts
It is sort of where gay men meet. but there are a lot of bars for families and La Belle on the ground floor of the centre is excellent.
hi i am thinking about going to playa del ingles next summer. does anyone know if it is okay for kids ours are 7 and 12 years old. thanks
I was 15 when I went and had a great time. There are plenty for kids to do like, beach 2x aquaparks, etc......and centres where they can go at night that have kids karaoke etc.....

But Im sure one of the GC/PDI regulars would tell you more...
I'm taking a 15 and 12 year old to PDI next Easter - been given a few good tips from people on here, but I'd still like to know more :D
PDI
We took three lads (16,14,12) last year - they had a great time.... the beach is superb - we even let them go on the jetskis! - the Mumbo centre is an absolute blast in the evenings, although being a little fazed at first (you know how teenage boys are sometimes! :oops: ) - they were having great laughs by the end of the week and even getting up on stage to join in the drag acts!! - all agreed recently that it was their best holiday to date!

Enjoy!
ATB,J.
we are going to cran canaria for 2 weeks in november .. can anyone tell me what the weather is like there then ...
If yopu click the following link it has a historical area where you can put in previous years to see what the weather was like on that day.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=gran+canaria

Kath HT Admin
Just booked a weeks holiday in Playa del Ingles in the first week of february but me and my 2 other friends have never been before,so can anyone tell me what the tempatures will be like that time of year and will it be fairly busy (i.e) beach,bars,nightlife etc
I was workin out in Gc last winter and although its nowhere near as busy as the summer months, there's still a good atmosphere around the main centres. I noticed that there's a lot more scandi's around than brits aswell. Head to the Kasbah, home of Pacha, Linekers etc, for the main nightlife. Oh and try a red s**t cocktail in Hippodrome! There's also a englich centre and an irish centre so plenty to keep you busy!
Loads of beaches to choose from. You have to pay for sunbeds and brolli's, about 3euros each until 5pm. If you're a beach lover then definitely take a trip to Anfi. Costs about 25 euros each way or get the 32 bus. Its a public beach and you wont be pestered by timeshare once you're there.
Enjoy!
hey uncle kev
im going on the 30th january with my best mate, ive never been awaythis time of year so i dredding it which day are u going and wer u staying.

danielle xxx

*edit please do not use phone text on the Forums Briar
I wasin Playa del ingles first week in february about three years ago and the weather was fantastic! Temps hit about 28 at times and I remember sweltering on the beach. My mum has a timeshare at Anfi Del Mar in Puerto Rico, her week is the first week in Feb and they've always had great weather, except last year when they had about four cloudy days.

We really only frequented the Yumbo centre ( and no I'm not gay, lol :D ) but it was quite busy. Obviously not as busy as the summer months but it did mean you could get a table in bars and restaurants.

Make sure you don't miss the drag show at Cafe La Belle in the Yumbo Centre, definitely worth a visit!

Have a wonderful holiday, I'm very jealous!

Catherine
Hi danielle were flying out on Monday the 6th of february and were staying at The BLUE STAR in GRAN CANARIA,PUERTO RICO.
Thanks for all the replys.
we are off out to Playa on the 20th feb, never been there, stayed at Puerto , 2 years ago and really enjoyed it there.

here's hoping its going to be lovely and warm !!!!!!!!!!!!

michaela
Hey everyone, first time on this board, Just to let you know I have been to GC in january which is lovely and apparently last week the weather soared up to 29 - hopefully it will stay like this as I am heading that direction on 4th Feb - Cant wait !!!
hey kev i come home when you go!!

well i realy cant wait to go now, i'll let u all no how my week goes xxx :lol:
PDI
Hi, Just lookinf for a bit of information on pdi, myself and 3 of my friends are hoping to go here this summer beginning of july time, were all between 19 and 21 just hoping some people could reccommend some hotels which are worth looking at, were looking at mainly staying near the nightlife but also close to the beach. Also what do people think of pdi that have been here before is it the sort of place 4 lads would enjoy? Thanks
Hi,

Yes there is plenty of stuff for lads to do, and get up to. There are plenty of decent bars, and I would argue that PDI is slightly better than Tenerife PDA's certainly crime and cleanliness wise. The Yumbo turns into a big gay centre at night. If you are tolerant, you will have a good slection of bars there also, as well as the drag shows, but the other places are where you are going to find the laydees...
PDI is the clubbing capital in my view.....
its ideal for guys of your age......
(tip... you'll find the laydee's a lot in the Kasbah............)

if you want to be in the *life* all the time, you will want to stay in playa del ingles. what sort of hotel do you want? (star indication?)

or maybe you want to be close to maspalomas beach?

Kate
Staying in PDI 13th - 27th March. Last year I paid more than I wanted to food-wise with resturants and extortionate local supermarkets, so would appreciate knowing where the locals go to get good deals because it obviously isn't at the places that I saw last year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.