Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Playa Des Ingles
72 Posts
Hi smethwick1 and welcome to HT!

We have reviews of these apartments HERE

luci :wave
Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has been to playa del ingles in sept and if so whats it like. It is still as lively and what's the weather likely to be like?

went to peurto rico last year in June and it was lovely but me and by boyfriend fancy something more lively this year.

thanks a lot.

:D
We are hoping to go to Gran Canaria next year, stopping in tha Tamaran Apartments. I have heard good things about apartments so ok about them, but with 18, 16 and 12 year old boys, need to know if there is plenty for them to do.
Would be really grateful if someone could tell me places and things for them to do, also is there a waterpark near.

Any info would be brilliant, thanks.
Could someone tell me if it is hot & busy at the end of January in Playa Del Inglis...?? Also if anyone has stayed at or knows of Santa Clara Bungalows. Looking for a cheap week at start of year and this one is coming up at £210 each flying from Glasgow.
Hi Donny

We have reviews for the Santa Clara Bungalows HERE.

Pippy :D
January is normally a good and busy month. Have fun! :)
Hi there,

My wife and I are going to GC in Sept and had a few questions if anyone can answer them....

- How much are cigarettes in GC??
- How much spending money to take - we are going for 2 weeks - are not massive drinkers but fancy a few nights out.
- How much are drinks in general (not beer)?
- Best clubs to go to?
- How much is it to eat out in general?

Cheers

Phil & Jodie
We just got back last week.

I bought Mayfair cigs for someone - worked out about £10 for 200.
Re. spending money - are you self catering or in hotel? depends if you have to buy your meals. We were all inclusive.
Depending where you went the prices of drinks varied, we didn't go out that much. One night got charged 9euro for a bacardi breezer and a pint of guiness!! (about £6.50)
Don't know about the clubs - hubbys a fudd!!!
we are going self catering, so will prob get our own lunches and prob eat out most nights - after all thats what hols are about!!!
Cigs - depending on what you like but camel light (like Silk cut) are about 15 euros for 200

Drinks - around 3 euros for a WKD type drink but lots of places do 2 for one etc

Meals - depends - 8 euros for a pizza or go to a spanish menu del dia - 3 course meal for 7 euros. Alot of chinese places doing all you can eat for 6 euuros but the drinks will be more expensive
thanks for the replies so far!!

how much are marlboro lights as thats all we smoke??

is there loads of hassle from reps to get you into clubs/pubs like there is in tenerife?? hate that!!!

how many euros would you take for a 2 week self catering hol??
we stayed in puerto rico 5 years ago and found it very safe to let our 15 year old son and a freind he met while there go to the bars on there own and come back to the hotel after us. we stayed at the top opposite the shopping centre which was at the top overlooking amadores beach where we had the best calzone pizza ever and everybody took a camera as it was the most beautiful sunset we had ever seen. we are hoping to go back some time in the future , but we are travelling to other places around this wonderful world, before revisiting places we have been to. i must say we had the best holiday ever in gran canaria, so enjoy
Christ - the drinks are expensive in Gran Canaria.

Need to rethink my holiday spends. I think if this is the case, back to Turkey next year . Why do they charge such crazy prices, they are doing themselves out of business in the long run. Many will not return, after all, we all go abroad because it is supposed to be cheaper.
malbro lights are around 19 euros for 200

I do not smoke but brought these back for my sister in law
thinking of going to the gran canaria princess father in law needs wheelchair sometimes anyone know what pavements like round and about thanks
hi me and my friends are thinking about going to playa del ingles in august for a week but dont really know very much about it. could anyone tell me what the nightlife is like? what there is to do during the day? what kind of music the bars and clubs play? is there any indie/rock bars? anything you can tell me would be great. Thanks x :hyper
me and few friends hav booked for 28th of July for 2 weeks ....im so excited...staying in green fields appartments flying out frm dublin tho....anyone going around this time
playa del ingles!
do not miss "Kasbah centre", also there are more than 10 shopping centers in that area!!! and beach is wonderful
check hotels here. http://www.searchtravelonline.co.uk/category.php?id=107&page=2#hotels
do not know if you've chosen one yet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.