Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
SerendipityJo,

There's plenty of good ones to choose from but it comes down to budget and what you want from the resort. I can recommend the Sunset / Riviera Princess in Riviera Maya.

Darren
Hi Darren

Thank you, will look it up.. :) Its hard to know what to do when you have not been there before..

Noticed on your name you have Icmeler there.. we are off there for the 3rd time, come home on the 12/9

Thanks
Jo
El Dorado group have 3 good ones -we have been to the Seaside suites and have heard good things about Maroma. They all have different advantages -eg distance from Cancun,quality of beach/swimming,size of resort etc. Really is dependent on your individual requirements...and budget of course!...remember March is peak time, particularly for US and Canadian visitors.Wherever you choose ,look for a hotel which ISN'T popular with Spring breakers!!
The Royal Playa del Carmen is an adults only so doesn't get booked by spring breakers. Its so good we went 3 years on the run and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
In September we are off to Secrets Vallarta Bay, Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific coast, for a change.
I can recommend the Grand Paladium resort, I stayed at the White Sands section, there are 4 but all connecting and you can use all the sections except the Royal area.
SerendipityJo,

Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I much prefer Riviera Maya over Cancun, although that's good if you want the nightlife. Be sure to visit Chitchen Itza and Tulum so see some of the Mayan history.

I'm off to Icmeler for the 7th time in September. Pity you'll be coming home on the day I go, we could have had an Efes!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.