France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
check the camping and caravan forum as well as I've copied your post to there :)
taxi329 wrote:
We are looking to book shortly for 2009 ans are considering 2 sites in the south of France. Le Lac des Reves in the Laungedoc region & camping du pylone, Antibes in the cote d'azur. Any thoughts or experiences on either of these sights and things to do in surrounding areas would be greatly appreciated. We have 2 daughters who will be 11 & 13 at the time of travel. thank you in advance :sun2

Sorry :(

trawled through all my reports and my friends sites but none of us have been to either of those sites
:cry
Both areas have so many sites we could all camp there for years and not do them all
the reports for the ones we HAVE been to in those regions are here and here
You're in luck! :D

We stayed at Camping Du Pylone for a fortnight in September 2001, went by coach with Club Cantabrica.

We really enjoyed the stay, quite a small peaceful campsite (considering we usually went to Castell Montgri in Estartit, Spain) but decent nonetheless. Supermarket and bakery were good, and enjoyed the pool too, although it was late season so very quiet when we were there. The onsite bar was ok too, although there wasn't much entertainment on at that time of year, have to say i found the drinks quite pricey too, and that was pre-euro in 2001!!!!! :yikes

The nearby beach is actually a pebble beach, but don't let that put you off, i'm not really a sand person and i absolutely loved the pebble beach .. once you get your groove, it's really comfy! :rofl Plus, the sea was lovely for a swim

Best thing about the site is it's location, it's 5 mins walk from the gate to Biot railway station, where you can quite easily hop on a train to Antibes, Nice, Menton, Monaco, or even across to Ventimiglia in Italy

Highly recommended, but if you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask
Haven't been to either of these sites but we're just back this week from the Cote D'Azur and we loved it. Our kids are 7 and 4 and they loved Marine Land at Antibes. Your daughters would get even more out of it as they would be able to enjoy the water park. We've also been to Langedoc and we liked it too.
Both areas have their pluses. The roads in Langedoc are quieter but the coastline isn't as spectacular. We got the train from St Raphael to Monaco and the line hugs the coast, allowing you to see scenery you wouldn't see from the road.
Should have also added that CDP charges for the swimming pool during the peak months (July and August) at €2 per person.

We never had that charge as we went in September, and to be honest i personally wouldn't like to have been charged to use a campsite pool
Thank you for your feedback CiderMonster, much appreciated
No probs, did you finally decide, or still making your mind up?
Well after all that we are going to Le Lac de reves in the Languedoc Region probably with Siblu, this will be our first time using them. We previously went with Leisure Direction, but as you probably know they went bust last year. We are going with Siblu to use up a well known supermarkets clubcard vouchers (don't know if i am allowed to say the name but i am sure you know who i mean) so the holiday will only cost us our insurance & car breakdown cover (about £95) & LPG, so a cheap holiday next year all going well.. :sun2
Hi Taxi239, this reply might be too late, but I've only just discovered the site! We went to Lac des Reves in 2007, and siblu's other parc in Languedoc (La Carabasse) in 2008. We loved them both. LDR is much smaller than La Carabasse, but still big a French sites go. The facilities are good, with a big pool and a jacuzzi (be aware that you can only wear trunks in the jacuzzi though), tennis courts and boules pitches. The bar and restaurant were okay and the terrace where we spent our evenings was really lovely. There are some great beaches about 10 mins drive away (Grande Motte was the name of one). I have the feeling you need to get there early in August. Montpellier is about 15 mins drive away and it really is a fantastic city, we've spent many a day wandering around. My advice for the south of France is always remember how much hotter it is than the UK, so get a mobile home with a terrace, and maybe even air conditioning.
Have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.