Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
same as you jetti, NO ... we had an alert there a couple of years ago at christmas with terrorist threats, the trouble is you run that risk anywhere in the world today sadly.
chilly
Thats me cancelled my 2 Goan holidays now :rofl
:rofl you are so funny Gemma!! I am giggling to myself here!!
chilly
Can't quite remember what year it was, a big feature in one of the local papers of what to do if there was a terrorist attack, it was hilarious, shouldn't laugh really!! :D

you had to leave the livestock or bike (with the keys in) at the side of the road.

Lie on the floor with your dhoti over your head until the all clear siren was heard.

There was a whole list of dos and don'ts
We never did hear the siren or see anybody leaving there posessions but it caused great amusement between the crowd in the shack for the next few days. :que
oh jantie :rofl this is meant to be a serious thread and all i have done so far is laugh at the posts!!!! but i dont mean I dont take terrorism seriously of course I do.... but some funny things here!!!
chilly ;)
I havent got a dhoti, what should I use instead :rofl :rofl :rofl
Quickly dash off and buy a sarong off one of the beach sellers, but probably by the time you have negotiated a price the scare will be over! :D
Hi Gang

the police are every where at the moment, they have visited our complex in Nerul and they have road blocks all over the place, i even saw them making one guy in Calangute empty his shopping basket item by item.

So i won't see you lot when you come over because i am moving because of all this and i am looking at property in Iraq anyone know anything about property in Iraq :yikes :rofl :rofl :rofl

Mike
I dont know much about property in Iraq apart from it is all very well ventilated due to bombing :yikes
Certainly wouldn't put me off, we're faced with terrorism everywhere nowadays a sad fact of life.
There was a serious threat early last year and the police were everywhere. Some special forces were brought in from Delhi - no doubt because the Goan police were busy trying to get some backhanders from the Taliban! :rofl

It won't put me off going because as everyone says, you can get blown away by a nutter in any country these days, but it's sensible to be aware of the threat - I fear it's real!
Hi all :wave:
It wont put us off but It is a worry we could all do without
Pat :cheers
I remember 2 years ago in December it was very bad - army up and down Beach Road. I didn't venture far - didn't even go to the night market!
They would need a bomb to get me out of my home, that's for sure, I don't intend going anywhere. :sun2

Mike
I think that if a bomb went off in calangute it would do £50,000 worth of inprovements. Danny
Being from this part of the world we where used to bomb threats if its your time to go its time,just enjoy your holiday infact the first year we went to goa we stayed in sunvillage and apparently there was a leopard(puma)supposedly roaming around nearby but i asked the guy on reception how many there where he said just the one and i said im very safe then he said how can you be so sure :que i said cause i can run faster than colleen :rofl :rofl :tup :sun2 relax and enjoy your trip.slan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.