UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Pontins Hemsby
8 Posts
If anyone can assist by posting a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
I went a few years ago ..actually about 8 years ago, & it is your typical pontins resort.

the rooms are ok, but nothing specail, the entertainment again is Ok, the kids love it, & the kids entertainers were pretty good when i visited.

hemsby itself is a small resort, but your really close to Great Yarmouth & there is a regular bus service from the resort if you dont feel like driving (parking in Yarmouth isnt the easiest)
Thanks, never been to Pontins before but its a free holiday so cant grumble too much, its hould be busy will all the holidays they gave away last week :)
Pontins Hemsby: Closed from immediate effect

We had our summer hol booked there, its left us in the lurch big time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7812232.stm
Pontins centre to close

Pontins parent Ocean Parcs is to close one its holiday centres this month after a review.

The company has announced that the Pontins at Hemsby on the Norfolk coast is to close, because it needs "significant investment" but bookings are falling and costs are rising.

The closure will mean the loss of up to 55 jobs.

A spokeswoman for Ocean Parcs said all holidaymakers who have already booked can transfer to another centre or have a full refund.

The remaining six centres - Pakefield (Suffolk), Southport (Lancashire), Blackpool (Lancashire), Prestatyn Sands (Wales) , Brean Sands (Somerset) and Camber Sands (Kent) - will remain open.

With permission from Travelmole
You cant change you holiday to Blackpool or Pakefield as they are full board
As a norfolk resident - can I suggest an Internet search as there are loads of other places in the vicinity that can offer holidays. PM me if you want further advice / comments

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.