Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
poorly
42 Posts
Hope you soon feel better,nearly everywhere I go at least one day is spent in the room with bad tummy,nothing serious so far,though.Hope they sort you out soon.
Get well soon Hullsmoggy and lets know how you get on next Wednesday x
Oh Hullsmoggy!! So sorry about that! Get well soon! Keep us in the loop! :wave:
Ask them also to check for chikungunya!
Was just going to say the same goangirl!!!

Have a look at this: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs327/en/

It's worth getting tested for it. I came back with it in December and still suffering with the joint pain. Never mind I am going back on 12th, hope the heat cures the joint pain. Hope you get better soon Hullsmoggy and they find out what is wrong.
Hope your feeling much better soon :thanks
Get well soon :thanks

Best wishes lassi xx
Thanks all

Paula and Polly I am back to hospital on Wed so I have printed the info off and will show it to the doctors. My shoulder and lower back are still very stiff so this could be the reason

Will let you know what happens on wed

Bob
Bob

Could the shoulder and lower bak be something to do with lifting the arm with a full glass !!!!!!! :rofl

Seriously good luck.

Mike
i can sympathize with you as i am still suffering after returning back from goa and being in hospital for the last two weeks with ecoli that has led to septicema and they think the ecoli was prpbably contacted in goa. will post more when back home and feeling stronger,but i really thought i would not be around as i was so ill. :cry
was down with food poisoning for 4 days February and lost 14lb :( got the usual injection and a load of pills which thankfully cleared it up BUT couldnt face eating meat or chicken after that........sickened me off about goa because in effect its now one big rubbish tip and the shack owners are the biggest culprits.
more and more people are coming home ill this year than ever.
Hullsmoggy, my sympathies. Hope they get to the root of this for you. Might be worth getting them to check you out for giardia(sis) - I had to suggest this to my GP after hours of researching my symptoms. I returned from Goa and was ill for weeks (and lost over a stone in weight) before Environmental Health turned up at my door following lab results on a notifiable disease. A week's treatment and I started recovering OK.
Most of the Diseases that tourists pick up in Goa , is picked up via footwear , ie when walking about outside , walking through discarded food waste , the s--t & p--s , that is both human & animal in nature , and that is completely un-aavoidable ,is contacted onto the soles of footwear & then transfered all over your apartment / room floor , when you go in .
We really should wear slippers when walking about Indoors -- The disease/ germs are transferred from the floor , onto your bare feet , touch your feet , and their are bugs all over your hands , and from their can soon find their way into your system .
The two best precautions are -- remove footwear before entering your Living space , or wear slippers .
mahal wrote:
The two best precautions are -- remove footwear before entering your Living space

Always do, and whether it is due to that, we are not often ill in that way. :yikes

nightnurse wrote:
but i really thought i would not be around as i was so ill

Nightnurse: Hope you feel better soon! Keep us in touch!

Hullsmoggy: Hope you get on ok at hospital today. Let us know! :wave:
goangirl -- Very sensible , it is also sensible to ensure that any cleaning staff , especially in Hotels , also remove their footwear prior to entering , your room or apartment.
Also another thing to avoid , prior to eating food or smoking ,especially with waiters,but any-one in general is Hand-shaking , a good old fashioned bumping of clenched fists ,whilst safer is also accepted as a friendly gesture --- sorry to go on , but another common carrier of nasties is , in the fancier restaurants where the cutlery ,napkins and wine glasses are all laid out in the early evening on the table , never ever use -- all sorts of mosquitos ,flys and even humans have exposed their germs to the aforementioned in the hours before you sit down to Dine , always ask for a fresh set & Paper Napkins which are much more Hygenic .
We always, always, use the hand cleaner before eating if we cannot get to wash our hands. Everyone shakes your hand wherever you go. Which is lovely!! But better safe than sorry!! :que
Thanks for your comments

Went back yesterday and still found nothing in the Bacteria tests so took more blood and told me to go back in 3 weeks. Waste of time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.