Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We had a week there last year in April having been there many years ago,it is a very nice resort,good beach,shallow sea and lots of nice places to eat,some cheap some pricey, the resort itself is very quiet,we did not see any disco,s but we were not looking for that type of entertainment ( wrong age ) we found a little bar up a side road owned by an english couple that sold food and beer for 3 euros that was about the cheapest we found.
Sorry i can give you any more info but someone like Pollensa1946 may come across this post and give you some more info, i have allways found him to be most helpfull and spot on with help/info on this resort.

Regards Alan
It is not the place to go if you want somewhere lively, it has alot going for it but not lively
Thanks for your replies.Not looking for mental nightlife every night,more like local bars and restaurants and dont mind a 15-20 minute walk for something a bit livelier.Been looking at the Hotel Miramar.anyone know this place?Need to know what the pools like as there are no photos of it available.
Can't comment on the hotel unfortunately.

But did spend a week last year in Pollenca in a villa, and ate in the port area a few evenings. It really is a very nice resort. Plenty of bars and restaurants across many price points, and a good beach.

There is a more upmarket end called The Pine Walk which is good for a stroll of an evening, also behind the main sea front there is a square which a lot if people go to that looked quite lively. We were there in June and the resort was already fully open with lots of people about.

I think in July it should be lively enough for a 16 and 19 year old provided they don't want banging nightclubs and are happy spending their evenings going out with you for meals, drinks and a mooch about.

If they get bored I think you're pretty close to Alcudia for a change of scene, although we didn't go there ourselves, I got the impression it was a cab ride away.

We were impressed enough to have booked flights to go back again this year.
You can see the hotel on tripadvisor,i do not think it has a pool but the beach is just acrss the road, it looks a bit like an older persons hotel ( would suite me,over 60! ) if you have not booked yet look at Jet2 holidays they have a good selection in Porto Pollensa and as we use them twice a year can recommend them ( i do not work in the travel industry )

Regards Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.