Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
sorry for all the questions but we are not really the kind of people who can lie on the beach all day,we like to see the place if you know what i mean,and were getting brave in our old age and will try almost any mode of transport
anyway aslemma
its probably colder here in the wild north east (durham) of england and we have snow to look forward to tomorrow :(
and remember when we have been yours will soon be here.
i think we will probably try the metro and the train tho a Carte Bleu probably wont be needed as we only go for a week boo hoo.
and who knows if we love it as much as you lot we may give our first love bulgaria a miss next year cant wait me and the wife is sorting out her party frocks ;) as i write this
thanks for the info and dont worry there will be more questions :tup
dont worry there will be more questions

Somehow that doesn't entirely surprise me but you're very welcome. Actually I sometimes think a week is best for a first visit to somewhere like Tunisia, as not everyone is as enamoured with the place as we 'regulars' are, and as it 's a relatively short journey you can go back for longer and explore further if you get the bug. :sun2
Incidentally, as you mention trying different forms of transport, have a look at this:

http://www.nomarmiteintunisia.co.uk/tunisiantransport.htm
yea give me the donkey with the cart anytime ;)
can anyone tell me basics like please,thank you, yes and no,morning,good nite
I've managed to find these phrases which I posted previously:

(All spelt phonetically) How much - kaddesh? Too expensive - gahli barcha; I've got no money - ma fish faloos; May I have - Attini; Please - min fahtlik; Thank you - Shokran; No - la; Yes - Naam (or aye); Hello - aslemma ; Goodbye - bislemma;' Good morning - sbarkia; Good evening - Messa el Khir; Good night - Ala Khir; How are you? - Lebes? (reply - lebes Hamdullah (I'm well thanks be to Allah); Sorry or excuse me - Sahmahni; Go away - imshi; Stop bothering me - metta keesh maiya; (put these together so: Metta keesh maiya min fahtlik, imshi - stop bothering me please, go - always works a treat. :wink:
just got phone call tickets are at travelagents
she also asked did we want any travellers cheques
so question
us dollars,euros or sterling?
only gonna get about £100 worth and take rest in cash or use atms.
any thoughts :cheers
It's up to you of course but I've never used Travellers Cheques as I think they aren't worth the bother and rely on cash or ATMs. If you would feel safer with cheques then either sterling or euros are absolutely fine. You may find it useful to print off a currency converter to take with you - I usually take laminated copies of both sterling/dinar and sterling/euro with me as the duty free at Monastir is priced in euros.

http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet
it's fine to take travellers chqs, we took stirling and they changed them in the hotel - but to be honest for £100 is it really worth it?
one (maybe) last question
can you hire bikes either at the hotel or in the resort? :)
I haven't actually seen anywhere to hire them. The questions you need to ask yourself however are do you really enjoy living dangerously and how good is your insurance? :lol: I will not elaborate on this point but when you've seen some of the drivers you may get an idea of what I mean.
Hmm your probably right aslemma not a good idea as giving it more thought dont think i would feel safe
so it looks like the noddy train or shankes pony for us then :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.