Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
PORTO SANTO
3 Posts
Have stayed there but only by accident it was 5 years ago we were on a flight returning from Boa Vista Cape Verde when suddenly bing bong and the message you dread came over the tanoy ' This is your captain speaking we are unable to procede any further with this flight and we will be making an emergency landing in Porto Santo' Well after the initial shock and thoughts of our possible demise the next thought was ' Where the Hell is Porto Santo?' Fortunately the plane made a safe landing and we then discovered it is a small island adjacent to Madera. All the passengers were transfered to the Pestana Porto Santo we seemed to be the only people there so assumed it was brand new we were treated well and were very impressed with the facilities I would say they were the best of any holiday hotel I have stayed in our room was i fact like a small flat lounge , bedroom, bathroom flat screen tvs in lounge and bedroom and a large balcony. The grounds were extensive with luxory sunbeds and there is a private access onto what appeared to be a lovely beach.
From what we saw the island was quiet and laid back and I have ofeten thought of returning but due to a change of personal circumstances I haven,t :(
I'm a little confused - as this is in the America and Canada forum, is the OP asking about the island off Madeira or somewhere else? Or have they just posted here by mistake?

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.