Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I don't know about lighthearted fun, Wizard, but I would just like to let people know about a very strange thing which happened to me when I was having lunch near Fishermen's Beach in the Old Town the other day. I was sitting at a bar having lunch by myself and two men came and sat down at my table..... I gave them the death look, but they just casually stayed at my table and wouldn't leave me alone. I shined up my ring on my wedding finger, then placed my hand on the table and I hinted to them that I was married and that I was not interested in them. Luckily for me they got the hint and left, but thankfully the whole thing was captured on the bar's cctv camera. I'm sending you this picture as a warning.............. just in case they try and pick any of you up too.

Honestly, some men think they are God's gift!

Scroll down

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/roseweb2/gc.jpg

Then I fell out of bed and woke up!!!!!!
Phwoar :love
Wonder if he wants that bit of tomato?
oooooooooooooooo they can come to my table any day :shock: :love
What a shame you had to wake up Rose, which Cafe was it you were sat in, I'll try it next week. Cheers Jayjan
:shock: There's a sight for sore eyes!!

Thanks Roseweb for making my morning!! It's freezing cold and pouring rain here (yet again), but the sight of the delicous Mr Clooney & Mr Pitt, has warmed me up!! :sun
See, Mikee and I can scrub up well when we make the effort...

:lol:
I have to keep coming back for a look :shock:

I need to go to that eaterie :lol:
roseweb, You really must start taking it easy with the Monte Velho !! :rofl
One of my favourites, the branco, Sagres! I'd be interested to hear what all you Algarve-lovers like to drink when you're out there. :glynis

P.S. Why is this emoticon called "Glynis" - I think you'd better explain, Glynis HT Admin!!
Personally, I prefer the tinto.
Tried a new one at Christmas on recommendation - J.P.Ramos' "Trincadeira" 2004 - a nice full-bodied red but, to my mind, no better than the good old Monte which is cheaper.
As for my favourite beer - well, I'll leave you to guess ( just one hint - my username is nothing whatsoever to do with the town of the same name !! ) :lol:
Hi Sagres, :wave

Have you booked for this year or so where?

Holiday nearly paid for , just spending money to find.
Really looking forward to the Algarve, can't wait. :lol:
On some of the reviews I've read they have said the Hotel is falling to bits, did you find this when you were there at Xmas? I don't care really a holiday is what you make it, just wondered thats all. everybodys views are different.

Jen xxx
Hi, nasher,
Got three and a half weeks booked for Lagos in Sept; hoping to get there for a couple of weeks in May as well as some friends of ours from East Anglia are going out there, but, as yet, nothing's finalised for May.
If it's the Paraiso you're talking about, there's no need to worry - the hotel is well-maintained and was in good order when we were there over Christmas and I don't think I caused any damage there myself - ( well, there was one occasion when I banged the floor with my head, but that was when I was leaving the bar one night and luckily I didn't fall from a great height as I was on my hands and knees at the time :rofl )
Seriously, the hotel's o.k., the staff are friendly, the Portuguese people are wonderful and their country's beautiful - you can't fail to have a great time.
Roseweb said:-
P.S. Why is this emoticon called "Glynis" - I think you'd better explain, Glynis HT Admin!!

You can blame Van for that one. He did it while my back was turned. :lol:
I'm off to the Algarve June/July for our first time and am really looking forward to it. We've chosen to stay in Lagos but are hiring a car for the fortnight (some of you may remember me torturing you with Car rental information :lol: ) So that we can explore the whole area.

We have chosen a private rental on the marina as I wanted a nice view :wink:

No doubt I'll be back in this forum asking for places to visit and 'must see' stuff. :lol:
Oooooo Brian can we have a 'Recommeded Places to See and Visit' sticky in this forum please. Save the members repeating themselves. :D
Great choice Glynis; I'm sure you'll love Lagos. We first found Lagos seventeen years ago and have been drawn back there every year since - it's one of those places that seems to get into your blood and keeps calling you back. Have a great time and just shout if you want any info.
glynis just experementing at the moment so i will throw this open for discusion WOULD THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM like a places to visit sticky

wizard
Yes please, Wizard. :hyper
:cry: I'm a member of this forum :sulk.............So yes please from me as well (Otherwise I will make a nuisance of myself and post lots of topics :P )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.