Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Surely dave £650 for 2 weeks at the anastasia in Aug isn't the normal price though.
Rick.
think that price might have been for flights only
I paid £650 for flight only with thomson this year.I managed to get a large room for the 4 of us at anastasia for £800 for 2 weeks,by contacting hotel direct.travel agent wanted £2690,i paid £1510 with a return taxi over there. :).thomson want £1100 just for the same flight next year :(
Hi there
don't know where you fly from but looked on jet2 site and return flight for august 2011 is £ 170 + taxes.
I booked early for June 2011 and paid £100 each including taxes etc. worth looking on theses low cost sites.
Flew home with easy jet this year but never again it was like a bun fight getting on in Heraklion - shame because the flight, staff and standard of aircraft was great. Good luck.
I've paid £500 for for 2 people Sunday 12th June next year just for a flight that's with Thomson paid for seating together with that but it ain't cheap.
Rick
Hi All

We like to travel independently but don't think we will be doing this next summer. I agree the flight prices are atrocious. The likes of Thomson and Thomas Cook obviously want you to book their accommodation as well.

I feel sorry for the apartment/hotel owners who are trying to go it alone when it's going to be too expensive to book flights.

By the way Jet2 flights have been good when we have used them and you are allocated a seat number when you check in online.

Cheers, Jean
Just paid £134 for 2 adults, east mids - heraklion 10th June 2011 return 18th June with thomas cook,
+£12 fee for paying by card ! like there's any other way to pay :que
just found flights to crete from as little as £601 return for 3 weeks at end of june till 19 july and the price is for 4 adults so thats £150.25 per person
For future reference, for those of you who can fly out of Gatwick, Easyjet usually announce their summer schedule for the next year in October. This is the cheapest time to book flights to either Herkalion or Chania. I booked my flights to Crete this year last October and most of them were less than £100 return - that includes flights in the height of the season too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.