Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Petsas allow you to take their cars over the Green Line to the north. They arrange insurance etc.

Petsas. Email them for a quote, explaining all your requirements. Ignore their website prices.

BTW, Paphos is in the west. :wink:
can anyone recommend a good car hire company in pernera and a rough idea about the cost thanks. :tup
In Pernera we always hire our car from there, cannot remember the name of the shop, but it sells all trips, it is just down from the crossroads not far from windmills. The prices change depending what car you want. The one we had fitted 4 and cost us 19 euro a day. The more days you had it the cheaper it got. Cars range from fiat sizes up to large van/cars. You can have as many people driving as you wish for a small premium, the car if filled up, has to filled up before returning. In the petrol station, you pay for the petrol first so there is no going over your budget. All insurances are included. They will give you a map, and places where you cannot drive to. I buy all my trips from this shop as well, very good prices. One girl is Bulgarian and they remembered us from last year.

Ah just remembered the shop name - PLATOON used to thisvi.

Hth

Michelle x
Hi

I am going to stay at the Hylatio Village resort in Pissouri via Olympic hols. I have added car hire to the package to be picked up from Olympic. Can anyone help with some questions? Did the price of the car hire go up due to the staff offering excess waivers on the insurance? anyother payments you needed to pay up front that I should be aware of?

I apologise if this is the wrong part of the forum.
Hi, we had a car through Olympic a couple of years ago, I seem to recall I paid upfront for Insurance. I had to pay for a tank of petrol when we got there, but that, as far as I know is fairly standard. The car was nearly new and we collected it from Hertz, about 15mins at the desk, off outside to find the car, and away.
Hi, can anyone help me with a recommendation for a car hire company that I can use from Pafos Airport please? It would need to be an 'off airport' one as the prices are so much more expensive to get one that's based there. I know it's because of the additional taxes, etc. but wondered if anyone had used an 'off airport' company that they would be happy to recommend.

Thanks all in advance.
We have never had a problem with George & Kula on nestrent@logos.cy.net

http://www.easyrentacarltd.com they are 'All Inclusive prices" and based in Paphos

HTH

Don&Pam
Thanks Don and Pam for the info, I will email them and give them a try!

Kerry
apologies if anyone has already asked this question, can anyone give any feedback on 'sixt' rent a car from larnaca airport? they seem to have a good selection of vehicles at value for money prices and a very easy to use/ book website, any info is very much appreciated, thank you.
Does anyone know of any reasonable car hire prices for just a couple of days in Paphos? Been to Cyprus several times so only want a couple of days hire to break the holiday up a bit. Used Petsas in the past but they want 145E for 2/3 days hire along with circa 100e for the full tank no doubt. Or do you always get stung for hiring for a couple of days as they want you to hire by the week?
kilgoreck wrote:
Does anyone know of any reasonable car hire prices for just a couple of days in Paphos? Been to Cyprus several times so only want a couple of days hire to break the holiday up a bit. Used Petsas in the past but they want 145E for 2/3 days hire along with circa 100e for the full tank no doubt. Or do you always get stung for hiring for a couple of days as they want you to hire by the week?

I've only had a brief look on the site, but you could check out...............

arguscarhire.com

They are in Paphos, and a typical example is........... a VW Polo, pick up Mon 23 Sept 2013, return Wed 25 Sept 2013 = £53.24. But then you have to take into account.....pick up full, return empty, question is, will you use a full tank in 2 days ? although they do some cars, pick up full return full.

I need to check out car hire for Protaras in Sept, although I've always waited and found that it's cheaper to enquire when I get there, as they will haggle despite the advertised prices. :tup
Hi I booked a car with KEM rent a car and had my fare share of issues with them , in the hope you will learn from my experience:

Avoid unless No Other options are available: 1. I hired a Ford Focus or Similar for a week - they don't have those at all, they tried to give me a Suzuki Swift , in what world are those in the same category ? 2. Then They gave me and old 110000 KM Car , only after I complained.3. I had a flat Tire with the car; it turns out the equipment in the car , is not fit to replace the tire, they put in the wrong wrench ( I solved this with the help of locals, without the help of the company) , imagine what would have happened if the flat tire happened in a remote rural area.4. The tire was flat because it was worn-out (not due to anything we did) although I did purchase insurance , they claimed I should replace the tire on my own.5. Just finding this took more then half a day where I was promised help, and was moved from person to person, while their customer service did everything except solving my problem; so except all of the above I spend half a day from my trip just getting false promises and being hassled.To sum up my experience - exactly what you don't want in a car hire company : * Old/small cars - expect to get a smaller/older car then you asked for * Can't rely on them with help in case you have a problem * Unreliable in what they tell you on phone
  • Unreliable in the equipment in the car
so I would recommend virtually any other company
Hi guys, have to tell that few times I had huge troubles with insurance issues and service with companies Avis and Hertz. The worst experience I had is with online extremely cheap booking with GreenMotion company (It was so stressful and shocking!).
Few years now I use only local companies but there are also some tricks. So it is very important to ask thousands of questions just to be sure that there are no hidden prices and the insurance is 100% full and also there is support all over the time of rental (because some locals after getting the payment stop caring much).
This year I will use the i-rent company and have my mind free of stress- https://rentacarcyprus.eu/en.
Got many cars from them in their other spots of service and I hope they won't make me sad this time too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.