Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
noooooobs wrote:
It may have this they haven't actually released full details of the cabin layout as of yet.

I've had a copy of the seat plan for several months, it was finalised quite a while ago.

z.j.c wrote:

Just wondering if Thomson have released any seating plans yet? Looking at other carriers it looks like a 3-3-3 seating and I was hoping for a 2 seat somewhere?

Details of the seating is on our What Aircraft? guide (linlk below). The last full row in economy is 2-3-2. All other economy rows are 3-3-3.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
noooooobs wrote:
It may have this they haven't actually released full details of the cabin layout as of yet.

I've had a copy of the seat plan for several months, it was finalised quite a while ago.

z.j.c wrote:

Just wondering if Thomson have released any seating plans yet? Looking at other carriers it looks like a 3-3-3 seating and I was hoping for a 2 seat somewhere?

Details of the seating is on our What Aircraft? guide (linlk below). The last full row in economy is 2-3-2. All other economy rows are 3-3-3.

Darren

Sorry didn't know that :whoops
Thanks Darren,

Ill have to get on the select your seat system early and bag those seats!.

Thanks,

Z.J.C
Hiya, flying MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2468/9) week on thursday. dep 11.05/ arr 15.20. Any chance of finding out what aircraft?

Thank you.
onetruenutta,

MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2468/9) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul).

Darren
OK,I confess I’m another person looking forward to flying in the much- hyped 787 Thomson Dreamliner.

However – I like numbers, and was intrigued to note the planned Thomson seating plan of 3-3-3 in economy.
If one does the math, taking account of the different cabin interior widths, I make it the the 787 will in fact allow only 0.61m per passenger. That compares with the 2-3-2 economy arrangement in Thomson First Choice 767 planes which provides 0.674m per passenger.
Both of those figures are based on simple division of published interior cabin widths, and so include the aisles.

My point is that there appears to be around 10% LESS width per passenger with the new 787 than on the existing FC 767 planes.
So either the seats are narrower, or the aisles are narrower!
Is my math wrong – or is there a bit of an advertising game going on here about the spaceousness claims ??
ukbill wrote:
Is my math wrong – or is there a bit of an advertising game going on here about the spaceousness claims ??

From everything I've read about the in-service 787-8's, some of the claims seem to be a little exaggerated other than the fuel figures that are roughly as expected. The lower cabin altitude and higher humidity doesn't seem to be noticable on long haul flights, although that's down to personal feeling so remains to be seen. Seat widths shouldn't be any different than they are currently. I've not seen the actual seat width figures, but I was told they are the same as they are currently.

Darren
Thanks for the quick response Darren.
However, my point remains - if my math is right, and the aisle widths stay the same, then the seats have GOT to be narrower than those in the Thomson FC 767 planes,
Elsewise - they must have reduced the aisle width significantly to keep the seat the same. But I don't see they could do that without problems of access and trolley widths.
I still get the feeling that we are being a little misled by the advertising folk.
Just done a little more calculation on the above.
EITHER – they are REDUCING the available width per passenger by 1.5 inches – which would mean cutting the armrests to virtually zero or a hip-bone crushing reduction to 15.5 inches width from 17.
OR – they are reducing the aisles to only 11 inches – which I reckon would be impossible.
So my guess is that they have squeezed ALL these numbers downwards a bit and hope that folk won’t notice since the cabin total width goes up by 16% creating an IMPRESSION, but only an impression, of more space. Advertisers don’t mention they are squeezing in 29% more passengers width-wise!

My math suggests we maybe get narrower aisles, narrower armrests, and narrower seats on the Dreamliner compared to the previous Thomson First Choice 767 planes.
That has to be a step backwards in comfort from those excellent vehicles.
Then again, maybe my math is completely wrong, and the advertising gurus are right...
Anyone else try to do the sums?
According to Thomsons it's got wider aisles and wider seats

I read this sunaddict - but it is completely mathematically impossible in Thomson economy class where the majority of seats are located. 767 is 4.72m wide, 787 is 5.49m wide.
(Unless Thomson have somehow managed to fit some seats into an alternate dimension or have built a Tardis!).
Maybe they are talking Premium - which is 2-3-2- it is probably possible there.
The interior dimensions of 787 and 767 plans are easily available on the net - try wikipedia for example or Boeings own site. Dividing by 7 or dividing by 9 gives the obvious results.

For folk who travel economy I am now convinced that Thomson advertising are being economical with the truth. Those people who use economy class on Thomson First Choice 767 planes MUST have a reduction in either seat width, or aisle width - or more probably BOTH - when they switch to the 787 Dreamliner.
And I believe it's wrong of Thomson to suggest otherwise.
This is a photo of Air India's economy section of their newly delivered Boeing 787-8 to give you an idea of the cabin configuration with 3-3-3 seating. It doesn't look too bad or the seats too narrow.

Darren
Looking at that photo Darren,seems to me that the aisle is narrower,not much clearance for that "small" steward?
Flying to Cancun 18Oct on Tom 374 from bhx. can you advise me if this flight still lands at Manchester as my travel agent is suggesting it has not recently?

Many thanks
sabeda,

BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM374/5) operates non-stop using a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Many thanks for your super quick reply
hi there i am looking at flying to Djerba next year june 13 can any one tell me what plane it will be

thanks petey
petey,

From which airport? It'll probably be a Boeing 737-800 but I'll need more information.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.