Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Great, thats one of the places we use - thanks!

Noticed today on Travelex it is up to 1.208
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has used a pre paid credit card for the hotel imprint on check in? As my credit history is pretty poor this might be the option for me. Are they just the same as a credit card but i just put money on it? Will the hotel be able to tell the difference between the 'normal' credit card and a prepaid one?

Last question, do they take any money at the time of the imprint or is it just in case we charge stuff to the room?

I am staying at the Meditterean beach hotel in Limasol Cyprus.

x
I've never heard of hotels here taking an imprint of your card?

Why not contact the Reservations department at the hotel directly and find out if they definitely do this?
Hi

thanks, i have emailed them directly (as i wanted to know if i had an inland or sea view) they responded and added i need a cc for preauthorization. I might email the tour op thomas cook who i booked the holiday with.

cheers Lou
Hi anyone got the latest Sterling exchange rates to Euro.
Hi. Is there a thread here on specifically how things are looking for tourists this summer? Any views on whether prices of food and drink are going up or down, will the hotels and restaurants still be open, will the ATMs be able to dispense money, will the welcome from the locals be warm - that sort of thing!

My better half suggested we go to Cyprus this year not long before all the bad financial news started appearing. Since then we've been unsure whether it's a good idea to book or not?

Cheers.
I am unsure of prices going up or down there are some people on this forum who lives in Cyprus will be able to let you know. I am sure the hotels and Tavernas will be open.
If i had the chance about going back to Cyprus for my hols this year - i would be there like a shot, The Cypriots will still be friendly as usual.

Hope this helps in some way.
there is a limit on how much you can draw from ATM's [about 300 euro per day] but there is also a limit to how much currency you can leave the island with [about 1000/1500 euro or equivalent]

some hotels,shops and tavernas have and will go to the wall,but not all, cant help with prices at the moment but im sure one of our island residents will be able to update you on that,

yasus
wizard
briggsy2007 wrote:
I am unsure of prices going up or down there are some people on this forum who lives in Cyprus will be able to let you know. I am sure the hotels and Tavernas will be open.
If i had the chance about going back to Cyprus for my hols this year - i would be there like a shot, The Cypriots will still be friendly as usual.

Hope this helps in some way.

I live in Limassol (about 12 km outside of the tourist area) and haven't noticed any significant price increases. I do know that one of the local pubs near to us (the Buccaneer Pub in Erimi) is doing Daily Specials of main meals priced between 4 and 6 Euro (Sunday Lunch is 6 Euro) and they post them on Facebook each day.

Also, a good website to keep an eye on in advance of a trip to Cyprus is: http://www.dailydealscy.com/

It's split by location of Limassol, Paphos. Larnaca, Famagusta and Nicosia so you can check out the offers for where you will travel. Buy the voucher, print it off and take advantage of the offer. Each has an expiry date so check it out before you purchase.

Some small shops and businesses have closed or are closing, partly due to the crisis but also some were struggling prior to the crisis.

We were in Paphos over the weekend and we noticed lots of places were closed in Bar Street but that has been going steadily downhill over the last couple of years. Still tourists around the harbour, cafes and bars.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.