Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
DerwentRocker is that the villa he has been doing up ?
we are trying to arrange a return trip for our wedding anniversary in February, but not much choice of flights and even less choice of hotels, not found ant sutable and available in Pemera and only the Constantinos The Great in Protaras

Thats normal for Pernera/Protaras I am afraid Wizzard. If you can extend to Kapparis then there is Captain Karas that is open all year round. http://www.captainkaras.com/

or maybe consider Ayia Napa? Its a very different place in the Winter compared with Summer
hi yer ady

looked at a couple in the Nissi area, but have another problem in that i cant book the holiday at work till the end of October :que

one holiday we were looking at has gone up by £50 in the last week :cry

shame as jean actually chose Cyprus

brian
I love cyprus!! I went to Protaras, I will definitely be going back, it was such a beautiful place, apart from I got prickly heat :cry
Tip for pickly heat, take 1 a day antihistimine (sp?) for two weeks before leaving for Cyprus and one a day whilst there, I used to suffer terribly and havent since following this regime!

Just back from 16 nights in Kapparis (spent mostly in Pernera/Protaras) and already looking for next years flights :)
Hi all
Last time I went to Cyprus (Paphos) was 2005 by myself on a stress break, this time my husband and son are coming too. Has a lot changed since then? New Bars, Restaurants etc. Last time I stayed in the Paphiessa, and a road was being built. This time staying in an aparthotel nearer the front. Any suggestions of good bars etc.

Dawnie-Rob :wave
Tip for pickly heat, take 1 a day antihistimine (sp?) for two weeks before leaving for Cyprus and one a day whilst there, I used to suffer terribly and havent since following this regime!

Also:
Use only non-perfumed bath and shower gel (such as Neutrogena or Simple brands)
Don't use perfume on your wrists or neck - if you must use it, spray it on your clothes or even your hair but only at night.
Only use deodorant at night and make sure you shower before you go out in the sun the next day.

If you're using the contraceptive pill, this can also add to prickly heat symptoms.

I used to suffer terribly with it but after following the rules above as recommended by a chemist while on holiday in Cyprus one year, I was fine after that. We've been living here for 8 years now and I still follow those rules but as I suffer from allergic rhinitis, I have to take 5mg of antihistamine every evening and this really does help.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Hi all
Regarding Paphos, my son is quite picky what he eats. He has Aspergers, which is a sort of autism, he is sort of set in his eating habits. He is nearly 18. He likes things like chicken with bacon with melted cheese, like you get in many pubs like Wetherspoons. Anybody know who knows what bars do such things in Paphos I would extremely grateful. I have been to Paphos before by myself years ago, so didn't go in all the bars and restaurants when I was there.

thank you
Dawnie-Rob :wave
Can anyone out there give me some info about the cost of clothing in cyprus
Depends what you're looking for.... Adults, kids?

Jumbo's have reasonably priced underwear, T-shirts, pj's, for adults and some good kids stuff. Some of the supermarket chains have clothing departments and we also have Sports Direct outlets.

We also have some crazy priced shops as well as mid-range prices but beware of Debenhams and Next stores as these are all franchises with stupid prices. Marks and Spencers too but again, very expensive.

Clothing sizes are a bit weird too as it depends where the manufacturer is based so most times you need to try before you buy which can be a real pain in the summer months when the humidity is high!

Where are you thinking of doing your shopping - ie, which part of the island?

I live in Limassol and have been here for over 8yrs now. Not been back to UK at all in that time and have bought all my clothes here in Cyprus. I'm a UK size 10-12.
thinking going to Cyprus next year around Larnaca airport area.

2adults 1child..

ia there a water park around?

any tips grateful

Emma
http://www.cyprusq.com/water-park-in-agia-napa/

take plenty of drinking water...drinks are expensive

take plenty of sun screen... ther's not much shade

therwise Enjoy

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.