Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Cyprus
6 Posts
Its a bit early in season for sunbathing, you might want to pack some thicker layers and maybe a waterproof mac just in case. At night you will want something thicker on......

That said, we went in April one year, I was in shorts and a t-shirt but those that live there all year were in big long heavy coats.... so you might be like me....

At the moment local photos are showing sunshine and a recent around the island walking group have put their photos up mostly in shorts and t-shirts....

Steve
Just had another look weather seems quite good now
It went chilly last weekend into the early part of this week but since about Thursday, it's been warming up.

Today was lovely and around 25C but when we went out at around 6pm this evening to have something to eat, you could see every star in the sky so it was definitely cool. We did see people in the bar wearing cropped trousers and one brave guy had a pair of shorts on whilst watching the football on TV.

To us locals though, it's springtime temperatures but I'm not getting out of my jeans and trainers until after 1st April. More likely I will hang on until my friend arrives on Good Friday for a couple of weeks before the shorts come out! I still go to work each day in my jeans and fleece in the car, with the windows open about an inch ;)

It's the mornings when I get into the car to drive to work and realise I don't have to reach for my sunglasses as I head in an easterly direction but luckily, there are very few of those days.
Thanks cyprus 100 bringing a mixture of clothes cropped and long for evenings shorts t shirts for day
It's a public holiday for us tomorrow and again next Tuesday so we think we may well pack our cool box and head up to the east side of Limassol where the water is slightly more shallow and generally a little bit warmer than at Curium in the early and late season.

I've had a paddle in the sea so far this year on Sunday 23 February so I'm hoping tomorrow I may just get my first swim....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.