DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I've never heard of them but I see they are ABTA covered so they can't be that bad. Could be well worth a dabble.

Les
They are part of The Freedom Travel Group Limited who are part of Co-operative Group Limited.

Shown right at the bottom here.

http://www.verycheapholidays.co.uk/
Each to their own but a company called Very Cheap anything gets me going in the opposite direction!
They have an 8.4/10 rating on Trust Pilot - Just go to www trustpilot co uk and search for "very cheap holidays" to view all the reviews.
Having used the chat facility on the website a few times, the girl was polite, friendly and very helpful. I proceeded to book - this is where the issues began! I got a call from ‘the travel agent’ about my booking. He told me the price had changed and looked at other options. I felt a bit pressured at this point thinking I’d actually already paid online anyway, he took payment but it declined. I got a text from my banks fraud department telling me they’d blocked a payment from very holidays and I needed to confirm it was genuine. When I called the fraud department they’d declined not only one payment but 8 attempts that were made for varying amounts within minutes of each other.
ive since cancelled my card and booked with a reputable company
There has to be a reason they are called verycheapholidays.
Just done a dummy booking - https://www.veryholidays.com/optional-extras.html?vref=0c160bef-e321-4f04-892e-6306017f8b1b

Looks cheap but you have to add luggage and transfers which bumps the price up.
IMO they are slightly cheaper than the mainstream.

You hear so many horror stories about little known companies like this. (not saying they are bad in any way)
If it were me, I'd book my hols through a trusted and well known company and not through this one
They are a genuine company, but unsure about their practices as per Inca's comments. I think they are based up north way but they definitely are a genuine outfit...
Did a coupl of dummy bookings for hotels I know on Costa del Sol and they were cheaper with Tui. No doubt some of these companies can offer cheapish deals with less well now hotels but I do check out the hotels I want with several companies first and whilst I don't think Tui are as good as they like to think I still find thm cheaper.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.