Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Trains are every twenty minutes until 2342 hours.

I cannot quite remember how prices work because I go in the other direction, but I think you start and cross all zones to the end of the line at Fuengirola, therefore €3.55 at most, possibly €2.65.

I cannot post links as I have not made enough posts.
This is in the wrong forum.....
You need to be in the Costa del Sol forum....plenty of advice in there .

Sanji
Hi Drayman

It is sign posted however the signs can easily be missed, when you come out of the Airport cross straight over to the far side avoiding the traffic, safest way is to follow the pavement running around the left to the station entrance, there are very easy to use tickets machines at the top of the escalators which you can select your language, the take coins and notes, ticket I think was Euro 3.50?

Go down the escalator and the platform is just there, the trains run every 20 minutes most of the time but this does vary early in the morning and later in the evening, stay on the train to the end of the line, there are announcements in English on the train, journey time is just under 35 minutes.

You can check exact train times here http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/index.html

Keep your ticket as you will need it to get through the barrier when exiting the station.

I don't know if you are taking the bus from Fuengirola however just incase you are, when you exit the station on to the street, turn to your left and go up to the next street, cross over the road and the bus station is down there on your right, buy a ticket at the small booth before boarding.
I don't know if you are taking the bus from Fuengirola however just incase you are, when you exit the station on to the street, turn to your left and go up to the next street, cross over the road and the bus station is down there on your right, buy a ticket at the small booth before boarding.

When you come out of the station from either of the two exits onto the street,....
Facing the road, with your back to the station and the roundabout/fountain on your left, you cross over the road using the pelican crossing.
After crossing the road, veer left and follow the pavement and turn right down the next street The bus station is about 200 yards away from the train station.

Sanji
Fuengirola has two stations. Terminal and Los Boliches. Los Boliches does not have barriers
.If your planning using the train a few times ,buy a monthly ticket for your zone ( Invalid after 1 month even if journeys not taken) . Cheaper than buying individual tickets. Valid for 10 journeys and can be used for additional passengers. Also a Tarjeta Verde sold at Tobacos a few euros for tarjeta and pre loaded 20 euros or more. can be used on busses and trains. And can be used for more than one passenger. Does not become invalid. Use from year to year as long as it has money on it. (journeys not discounted though).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.