Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
My friends son left today for Benalmadena so I checked the weather online and it's 13 deg. Tenerife is 21 deg. I'm not sure about how busy it is in January. Maybe Sanji can help, I'll pm her a link to here for you Tangobunny. :tup
Thank you Glynis......finger hovering over the button to book but not sure now as some have said it's not warm enough to lie on a sunbed......may have to switch to Tenerife and pay the extra
The weather can be quite pleasant with plenty of sunshine and warm enough to get a tan in a sheltered spot, although not warm enough for swimming in the sea or a unheated outdoor pool.
When the sun goes down, the temperature plummets, and the evenings can be quite cold and you'll certainly need a warm coat.

When we go at this time of the year, we pack for all types of weather and tend to dress by layering, sometimes we're stripping off during the daytime and then putting the layers back on as the sun sets.

As much as I love the CDS, I would say (if you can afford it) and sunbathing is important to you, then go to the Canary Islands.

Sorry I can't be more helpful because the weather could be sunny and warm, or it could be windy and raining....that's the chance you take and why the prices are low.

Just also want to add, that the Hotel Bali is situated up a cardiac hill and I personally would never stay there, even if it was free, because I'd make it down to the promenade, but wouldn't make it back up....so, if you have any mobility issues, this hotel is definitely NOT for you.

http://www.aemet.es/en/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/benalmadena-id29025

Sanji x
Thank you Sanji.....I knew someone would come along with an answer......The location of the hotel doesn't bother me in the least but the temperature does.......I think we will stick to the Canaries in this instance and do Benalmadena when its a bit warmer
Thanks again x
Endorse all Sanji has said. Bali is a pleasant hotel, very popular with nightly in-house entertainment in season and adjacent to the lively Bonanza Square but for those with mobility issues, the hill is indeed a killer and a challenge to the able bodied, too. Feels like 45 degrees in places and I'm not talking temperatures. January weather on the CdS is generally pleasant by day but not sunbed weather and while Benalmadena is busy in summer, even the church mice depart in winter. Fuengirola, Torreblanca and Los Boliches are much more lived-in over the winter months and would be a better bet than Benalmadena. Save it for summer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.