Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
thank you all for replying post about the gypsy market. have just come back from quarteira stayed at the dom jose, lovely hotel, shame that they havent got colin there now. he made the hotel special. vivien
Well just printed my tickets for our October holiday, not long to go now.
This time next week I will be there, should have a Super Bock in my hand and nice meal on the plate.
Going to Lagos in June 2014 ,our first time to Portugal , I am a bit of a wildlife/Birds photographer , Can anybody tell me if there is anywhere near Lagos for this ?

Cheers .Gaz
Gaz, if you get the train to Faro, you can then get a boat for a trip round the sand spit island that is full of wild life. Plus you could send some time in Faro Town as well, the wife will like the shopping and then there is the history side to the town with its old town and walls a really good town Museum, Cathedral and a Church with its Chapel of the Bones.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

Thanks for the links , spent most of the night on them :)
the real holidaymaker wrote:
Gaz, if you get the train to Faro, you can then get a boat for a trip round the sand spit island that is full of wild life. Plus you could send some time in Faro Town as well, the wife will like the shopping and then there is the history side to the town with its old town and walls a really good town Museum, Cathedral and a Church with its Chapel of the Bones.

That looks awesome :)
How long would it take on the train , and any idea of cost?
you can get the train from just at the back of the harbour. The price like a lot of things these days in Portugal has gone up a bit from our last visit, The train is about 7 euros and if you get a return it is cheaper, it takes about 1 hour 2 minutes, the bus is cheaper at 5.50 euros but does take 20 to 30 minutes longer.
We all ways use the train there is plenty of room and you get a good look at the country side as you go.
Both Train and Bus Station are close to the town centre in Faro and just a short walk to the harbour to pick up a boat to take you round the Islands.
For more info on this area look up on the internet Reserva Natural da Ria Formosa,
Hi...... heading to portugal, paraiso de albufeira apartments this summer, looking forward to going somewhere we've not been before :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.