Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi bejay, I have stayed in both the Riu Garopa on Sal and the Riu Touareg on Boa Vista. Both hotels are excellent, as you would expect fro the Riu chain. I think it depends what kind of holiday you're looking for. Both islands are similar in that they are mostly infertile, desert islands with very limited infrastructure and little in the way of tourist attractions outside of the hotels. The Garopa is one part of a resort shared with it's sister hotel, the Riu Funana. Both can use each others facilities. As it is the biggest complex in Cape Verde, I feel it is more suited to family holidays, lots of entertainments day and night for all ages. Both islands have beautiful beaches, with huge waves. We have paddled on Sal, but not been into the water on Boa Vista as the waves and currents have been too strong. I have found the Riu Touareg to be a little quieter, perhaps because its smaller and it was November when we visited.
If you have any specific questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.
Have stayed riu Mexico and wondered if they were of as good we are in our 60s young 60 s think toured or Karboa may be better maybe not so family orientated understand only really beach nowhere to walk
We are in our 50's and really enjoyed the Touareg, great food, beautiful pathways and pool areas, and a nice bar area in the 'square' to sit and enjoy pre and post dinner drinks. Only really the beach to walk on, but it is breathtaking!
We have stayed at Funana on Sal and loved it! Thoroughly loved walking along the beach every morning and chilling for the rest of the day! Cannot fault the service and standards at the hotel - didn't take part in any of the entertainment as we really needed a totally relaxing and stress free holiday which is exactly what we got.

Would go back - in fact may do in October!!
The Karamboa is a lot cheaper than Toureg, anyone been to both to compare would Karamboa be as good
Is there a gym at the Touareg? Thinking of packing my runners.

Thx
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.