UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Train Tickets
6 Posts
I have a question about train ticket too.
I'm going to be in London within 6 weeks and wondering which site given below is safe more;

nationalrail.co.uk
thetrainline.com
inankn wrote:
I have a question about train ticket too.
I'm going to be in London within 6 weeks and wondering which site given below is safe more;

nationalrail.co.uk
thetrainline.com

Both perfectly safe and accurate, but you'll pay a small booking fee with Trainline. I personally prefer the layout of Trainline's website.
I use Trainline as I like the layout usually get the price off there then buy my ticket at a local station I have occasionally had tickets posted for a small additional cost. I also sometimes check on Tickety Split as you can often get cheaper journeys splitting the journey and usually on the same train.
I use both websites to check prices and have bought through both with no problems but having sorted out which journey times suit you etc you can then sometimes get a better deal booking through the individual train companies' own websites because some of them only offer their cheapest fares direct from their own website and not through 3rd party sites or station ticketing offices.

SM
Advanced tickets of train are going on sale more than 12 weeks in advance. You can also collect ticket from local station too. You can also choose website to buy ticket online.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.